newbee questions

ctp

Hello All :

Just purchased a 196? something 10' NCo ( non Cabover?) Dont see a makers plate with sn or build date It does have a Tourista sticker from 72, anyway its in Ok shape The usual Roof leak under vent Have to Replace that bit of Wood

Question What wou;ld I call This thin Ply ? so I can ask for it someplace.

#2 The Perilli rubber any place to actualy get it?

#3 windows I have several that have Broken or are ratteling because the Seals have shrunk. ( the articulating side ones ) should I replace with Glass or Plexy and do they come apart like It looks Via Undooing the rivets?

Iv Fixed the Rams It had a boat rack on top ( well Part of one) have to patch the holes .

I Hate loading un loading this its heavy ,wobbely, and Frankly defies Physiscs while on its two Jacks . SO......

I decided to Just build a Flat bed for it ( I have a friend with a 10' on a Unimog when I saw how They had used the fold down sideboards on that I decided to do the same to mine Huge storage area! No wheel wells Just open space front to back! The sideboards fit up under the Poptop keeping prying hands at bay .

Just mounted Camper to flatbed on Sunday have to get Pics .

wish I had a 4x4 to mount it on but oh well My 88 Ford with 7.3 Diesel will do the job . Im not going to take it off so its Bolted to the bed.

Happy I found this site.

Pic is The day I picked it up with Bosses Dualy .

Attachments

• IMG_4879.jpg
    IMG_4879.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 203
Welcome to the wonderful world of Alaskan Campers!

You can find the Pirelli webbing by doing an on-line search.

I fixed my rattling windows by purchasing rubber gasket material from Vintage Trailer Supply. <http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/> Lots of great vintage things like aluminum eyebrows, lights and other items for your camper. The windows come apart easily and you can replace any broken panes with single strength glass.

Mike

Hi and Welcome. The wood is probably Birch plywood,at least thats what it is in my Alaskan. Thanks for the pics it looks great, more pics would be welcome. The model and serial number on mine is under the hydro plug in.
Cheers, Banderswipe. :)

Thanks for the replys

I measured the space created bu making the flatbed and fold down sides a bit over 40 cubic feet!

Still have to make a small porch ( im over the age of jumping out and backing down a set of steps is not a good idea for me.

here is a pic of Alakan on the flatbed.

Attachments

• IMG_5100.jpg
    IMG_5100.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 180
Congrats on your find

The wood in a number of the early models was ash plywood....you can find it at specialty plywood distributors and it's called "door skin" material.

some of the builders used birch and I've seen a couple in a mixed heart and sap maple

post a pic of the ceiling wood with a closeup of the grain

good use for the 88.......... ;)

Congrats on your find

The wood in a number of the early models was ash plywood....you can find it at specialty plywood distributors and it's called "door skin" material.

some of the builders used birch and I've seen a couple in a mixed heart and sap maple

post a pic of the ceiling wood with a closeup of the grain

good use for the 88.......... ;)

Here is a link to interior pics see:http://ctp13.smugmug.com/Cars/Alaskan-Camper/i-9CsWrxq/0/M/IMG5115-M.jpg
http://ctp13.smugmug.com/Cars/Alaskan-Camper/i-Cnb6sKN/0/M/IMG5116-M.jpg

I also Found a site for webbing actualy had some and Its Here Yippe!

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_5116.jpg
    IMG_5116.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 134

Back
Top Bottom