Newbie needs to know what to expect picking up a Fleet

whynot

We hope to be picking up a used Fleet. Ahead of having the custom tie-downs installed how to we securely attach the camper to our Nissan Frontier. Apologies if this is a super dumb question.

Howdy

It is exactly the right question to be asking !

Others will chime in but you might start by verifying the camper size will fit... particularly between your Nissans wheel wells and

the side rail height.

Also, depending on how far you are travelling to retrieve the camper, are your truck rear tires up to the load ?

Good luck !

David Graves

In addition to side rail and wheel well measurements, make sure it will clear the cab. You can put a platform under the camper to raise it if needed. A rubber mat to keep things from slipping won't hurt either.

Thank you all for this information; much appreciated. Could you please say more about tie-downs (material and tie down points)?
Thanks so much
Sue

whynot said:
Thank you all for this information; much appreciated. Could you please say more about tie-downs (material and tie down points)?
Thanks so much
Sue
Sue you might contact Marty at ATC for tie down mounting positions. Enjoy your new camper.
Frank

I have another brand in my 2016 Frontier crew cab long bed, we did E rated tires and Ride Rite air bags plus a 2" lift. Just did a 3k mile trip and it drove great. The leafs on the Frontier are soft and the bags made all the difference.
We tried Timbren SESs but they sagged after about a week loaded.
We have Torklift frame mounted tie downs in front with chain and turnbuckles with Happijac buttons in the rear fender again just chain and turnbuckles

Post some pics when you get it and let me know if I can answer any Frontier related questions.

Back
Top Bottom