newby looking for advice

landersfork

Hi Folks!! Last week I stumbled on a camper for sale here in Helena. I took a look at it and turns out it is a 4W - its marked as an 'Eagle' but in reality it is the size of a Grandby. The info plate on back is unreadable but someone scratched '1982' on the plate - so I guess its an '82. Did they change the name sometime back then? I talked to Stan on the phone and he said it sure looks like a Grandby and didnt know why it was marked as an Eagle. Anyway it fits my '89 F150 perfectly. Its in okay shape, has some issues, etc. but hey for $450 what the heck!! Stove, heater, water pump, electrical system all work fine. Fabric is O.K. Interior clean. Frame is fine.

Right now I need to get the door fixed up a little. The bottom edge is rotted out and jamb needs new strike plate. Can I use a piece of 2x2 or 1.5x1.5 and fix the lower door edge. Also will a regular strike plate from a hardware store work.

Thanks!! (Sorry, no pics)

hey there

that is cool !

glad you bought it.

FWC has done so many things over the years, we always see campers coming in we never knew existed. Keeps us on our toes.

I found some other pictures of a camper like the one you bought. It is a full sized camper (like a Grandby) to go on a big truck, and it is also called the "Eagle". It is probably the same vintage as yours (mounted on a Jeep truck). Somewhere back then they must have changed the model name or offered a similar camper with a slight modification, or ???

see attached pics

Happy Camping !

Attachments

• Jeep #2.jpg
    Jeep #2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 415
  • Jeep #4.jpg
    Jeep #4.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 425
  • Jeep #5.jpg
    Jeep #5.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 422
  • Jeep #6.jpg
    Jeep #6.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 421
  • Jeep #8.jpg
    Jeep #8.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 421
Thanks guys!!

chnlisle: I'll give Chicali a call if I run into problems. Thanks.

Stan: Yeah I bought it! It's rougher than the one you show. Also, I don't have the rear passenger side window and my door is older (door knob type). Everything else appears to be the same - same fabric pattern, even EXACTLY the same curtains!

Puffins: Thanks for the link - I'll start on that tonight.

Mark: Thanks for the welcome. I can tell this is going to be a great resource.

Dave (aka landersfork)

Back
Top Bottom