No Destination : hoyden and two dogs hit the road full-time

Ladybug we visited the Carbondale area back in 2002.
My grandfather worked in the coal mines in the Colp area and my father was born there.
Lots of interesting history there. We were there doing some family research.
Post some pictures.
Frank

Furnace isn't pushing heat! Cold night last night near Rockville, Indiana. Thermostat was giving me guff (happened in Oct too and thought it was fixed!) First, thermostat was randomly shutting off - with nothing on display. I'd jiggle the on/off switch and it'd kick back on.

This happened again last night, then it was working. I climbed into bed and set it to 56 and I started reading. After a while, I realized I was cold. Thermostat read 50℉ . It was blowing but no heat.

Seems the fan works, but the heat isn't kicking in. Stove works. Full propane.

I'm heading south on the 41 towards Evansville, Indiana, tho I'd prefer to be heading to Mammoth Cave, Ky.

Any thinks?!?!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Wander The West mobile app

Hey Ladybug, is there a battery in that thermostat? That may be your random shut off issue. I'm still a fan of the old manual versions.

On the not lighting issue, it might (?) be thermostat caused, but I'm suspecting something else. Can you hear the igniter try and light things? I wish I knew more about these things!

I hope it's easy to find/fix!!!!

It doesn't do the clicking (igniter). Odd that it was working, then just wasn't. Two aaa batteries. Should be new tho. This thermostat wasn't put in very long ago. August?

I would install new batteries and also make sure that the Piezo igniter is clean. May shut off all power to the furnace to see if it might reset. Ron

Wandering Sagebrush: that thread just freaked me out! Ha!

nikonron: I pulled the fuse last night and put it back in. I'll change out batteries and check the igniter soon as I find a park where I can pop up. Pulled over to have breakfast and figure out some what to do. I'm in Terra Haute, Indiana now

If you have the same one I do there is a switch on the face under the cover. I think that switch works as a reset. Did you check fuel level? Always start with the obvious.

If you make it down Mammoth Cave way. There are 2 Lincoln sites nearby. Boyhood home and birthplace.

I wonder if maybe it's a lose wire on the thermostat. When the furnace fires up, it calls for heat, opens the propane and then lights. If it's not clicking, it's never going to fire (obvious) and then runs a bit longer to clear out the gas and shuts down. If your furnace is like mine, the outer cover comes off with 4 screws and you can find the circuit board in there to check the wires. I'd also check the furnace wires to make sure they didn't come lose and that the switch for fan/heat didn't get bumped to the fan position. Good luck. It's one of those things that you think would work when it works at home and then it gets cold and wham!

At RV place. He jumped the thermostat,so it's not that. Oddly, when he disconnects the igniter, it works. Otherwise it's throwing code "flame sense fault"

He's thinking the igniter has an issue. Bad ground, perhaps

The igniter works when pulled out (click click), but when reinstalled, it doenst click. Grounding out on something inside? Eh?

Could also be the circuit board. If so, I'd ask for a dinosaur board (http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/) if they have one. They have a better warrantee that the atwood version but you may need what they have.

My furnace would come on and immediately shutdown. I replaced and cleaned everything (sail switch, jets, etc., etc.) as they were all very inexpensive and I had the unit disassembled. Turned out to be the board. Oh, you can get them on amazon and could get them quickly via Prime!

They had a same circuit board and hooked it up, but same things happened.

They are ordering a new igniter I bought a little ceramic heater and now I'm "camped" behind the shop. Plugged into their shore power.

Had similar issues on Alaskan trip. AT Home checked all I could.Igniter clicks and flame stays on short time.
After a couple times it works.Mine might be a stuck sail switch.
Hope you get it fixed. With all the icy/cold weather you are running into not fun without heater.There is always
the stove for short times ,if you have one.
Frank

What the neck is a sail switch? I read abt that in Wandering Sagebrush's links too.

Have stove! If it isn't fixed I'll hafta hightail it south! :)

Lil Buddy heater would be good backup, no power required. Just warm up the camper before you go to bed and when you get up. Ron

I saw a Little Buddy when I got this small ceramic one, but it seemed rather large. No?

Back
Top Bottom