'no destination' winter travels

Hey Shawnne ladybug women. If you ever pass through Indiana going back to southern IL., give us a call and we'll buy lunch and jabber awhile. Have a great time. Mitch

mitch h said:
Hey Shawnne ladybug women. If you ever pass through Indiana going back to southern IL., give us a call and we'll buy lunch and jabber awhile. Have a great time. Mitch
Shawnee! Oh my southern Illinois forests and childhood playground!
Sounds like a plan! Fun!

My website is officially transferred to a new host so that I can have a more robust site and I'm working on the content and plug-ins and widgetsand such!

Been arguing with maps plug-ins all morning. Whee :)

no-destination.org

Congrats- you've been busy! The website looks great. I look forward to following along on your travels.

Hoyden,

FYI
When I clicked on your web site this is what I got (Insecure site) The owner of no-destination.org has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website. jd

hoyden said:
When I think too much about it, I get scared. Eep!
I just heated up a tortilla in my toaster oven. Got a glass of water from my kitchen faucet.
Brushed my teeth and cleaned the toothbrush in the bathroom sink.
My cottage is dinky, by most U.S. standards: about 320 square feet. I like small spaces, but this still has plumbing...
and a doggie door to a yard. Conveniences. Creature comforts.
Netflix without worrying about using my cell phone data plan.

But I'm going to variation, and exploration, and friends, and testing of my resolve and creative and troubleshooting abilities. And I love campering!
And I so need a change.

I'm hoping to sell my DR200 and get something even smaller. Perhaps a wee Trail 90.
The DR is great, but it's just too heavy and awkward for me to feel comfortable loading/unloading it on my own.
I don't plan to do any major riding - I don't like leaving the dogs alone for too long, and I don't want to risk getting hurt far away from the camper. A little Trail 90 will be fun for some exploring, for scouting, and for emergencies.
Dawn....congrats, you're gonna be fine and enjoy the hell out of it. Worst part is actually doing it. Once you're out there.....it's all good. I've done it a couple of times over the years and when I look back, they were some of the best years I've had. Many memories!

I'm with you on the DR200 and going with something smaller. I've been thinking about getting rid of my DR350 as well. I don't like leaving my pooch for too long either and always worry about getting hurt while out riding in some remote area and not getting back to him. I use to really like to explore remote areas on the bike but not so much anymore. Not sure if it's age or simply worrying about Petey. Here is something I've been looking at for running around camp or doing a few miles to get to town, etc. Talked with a guy who had one when I was up in Alaska and he loved it. Said he could easily go 25 miles just on a charge without having to peddle.
http://www.radpowerbikes.com/products/radrover-electric-fat-bike?variant=1121017969 With the fat tires and lightweight may be just what you need.

Hey park and hi Petey!

Thanks for the confidence! Prep stressed me out. I'm sure I won't feel comfortable until I've been on the road for a couple of weeks.

That e-bike is neat!

How would you carry it and how would you secure it? That'd be my biggest concern with something smaller and lighter-weight.

hoyden said:
Hey park and hi Petey!

Thanks for the confidence! Prep stressed me out. I'm sure I won't feel comfortable until I've been on the road for a couple of weeks.

That e-bike is neat!

How would you carry it and how would you secure it? That'd be my biggest concern with something smaller and lighter-weight.
I've got a Curtis hitch on the front of my Toyota so I could easily put a rack there or a good regular bike/mc rack on the rear would do fine as well. Nowhere near the weight of your DR. Starting at the end of Feb I'll be back on the road for about a 3 month period and want to take something like this on the trip. Decided tonite to get rid of the DR and go with something similar or something like craig333 posted. Both, good concepts.

craig333 said:
This is even cooler. I may look into this as well. Thanks for posting it.

I like the idea of an electric off road bike- quiet and pollution-free. The info says you need 120 volts to charge it. I wonder if you could rig up a dedicated portable solar collector for charging. That would be a cool system.

Ha! I do have a bicycle to bring with... but I'm thinking if I'm stuck somewhere difficult and 40 miles away from pavement, I might want motorized.

longhorn1 said:
What happened with real peddle power? We must be getting soft:cool:

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app
hoyden said:
Ha! I do have a bicycle to bring with... but I'm thinking if I'm stuck somewhere difficult and 40 miles away from pavement, I might want motorized.
Longhorn hit it on the nail for me- getting old and soft. :LOL:

Hoyden, saw this today- it seems to fit in this thread. Watch it, I think you will like it:

http://www.nytimes.com/video/opinion/100000002796999/slomo.html?action=click&gtype=vhs&version=vhs-heading&module=vhs&region=title-area

Well I"m not pedaling four hundred miles, unless its downhill :) Its pricey alright but light enough I could lift it into the Jeep. Plus, since its a bicycle it should be street legal. Well they do have a disclaimer.

IS IT LEGAL TO RIDE ON THE STREET?

• Laws for motorized bicycles vary by state and country. We recommend checking with your local DMV before purchasing and operating your Motoped.

Back
Top Bottom