No welds on my FWC

cgsmith

Bought what I thought was a 2008 Eagle Feb of 2021 and am getting around to renovating it. It sustained significant water damage from an improper solar panel install, so now I’m able to rip it to the frame and rebuild a custom camper

However, I’m not seeing any welds on my camper. Everything is held together with angle aluminum pieces and sheet metal screws. The back of the luan pop ups say “Assembled by FWC 2007”, so I ask, has anyone seen this before? A8CFAE90-E860-4227-827F-491D1A4FB3C6.jpegBEA935FC-ED4C-4E41-A297-89FFE7341BDF.jpeg0CD91FDA-B34D-47C0-909C-FB8704CF4D34.jpeg

I know on OLD ones the welding was minimal, just one side in places, which isn’t very strong and relies on the siding and interior paneling for stability. You can easily fold over a single weld in thin wall aluminum tubing has been my experience both tearing down old FWC and welding my own frame pieces.

Anyways no I haven’t previously seen screwed framing outside of user repairs.

Looks like an aftermarket repair by a customer?

The FWC factory will always weld the camper frame when making a new camper, or repairing an old one.

They won't use "L Brackets" like what is seen in the photo. At least not that I'm aware of.

The attached pics are really small, so I can't get a good look at it. But that is my best guess.

Back
Top Bottom