Nobody'S Perfect

jon

Advanced Member
If I owned a Tundra, this is something I would pay close attention to.
http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/24/autos/toyota_recall/index.htm?cnn=yes

Interesting that only certain states are included. I live in the Sacramento Valley so the frame on our 2000 Tundra is more likely to melt in the summer heat than be damaged from road salt. But what about people that live in the Tahoe area? It isn't uncommon to see vehicles with extensive body rot around there, including older Toyota pick-ups. Would their vehicles not be included in this recall?

But what about people that live in the Tahoe area? It isn't uncommon to see vehicles with extensive body rot around there, including older Toyota pick-ups. Would their vehicles not be included in this recall?

Doesn't look like it:

"The states included in the recall are: Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia."

My guess is more suspect vehicles were sold in CA than in all of those other states combined. I sense a conspiracy here. Salty?

You'd think they would have learn this lesson already when their early smaller trucks were melting away in the states that used heavy salt.

Never had any problems with it here but I do see many out of state vehicles with extensive body damage. Must be a different deicer out east.

Back
Top Bottom