Noobe in SW Mo.

tanyj

Hi. I will be heading out to Col. on the 20th to buy/pick-up my first FWC, and I am seeking the guidance of the old-timers. The model is a '91 Granby, and it is a very nice looking two owner camper. My main concern is adding a shower asap for my wife's comfort on off-roading trips. I will be toting it in a '91.5 Dodge W-250 Cummins, but that thing never sees the trails, we run my Heep in the back country.

A friend of mine told me to just buy a plastic industrial mop sink, and run the waste out the side via a hose. I can weld up an aluminum frame to hang the curtain from, and clip it to something inside, hopefully. At least that's the "plan".

Has anyone on this forum ever rigged up an inside shower for a bashful bride? If so, would you mind sharing some pics so I could get some idea if I am just trying to pee up a rope, or if it's a good plan.

I've read the threads about outdoor showers, and frankly, it wouldn't bother me to bathe in a fountain in a city square at noon, but my wife is a little more delicate, and would like something hidden. And, a tent with a shower and a drain won't cut it.

I plan to use an in-line heater, and rig the shower head to hang from the curtain frame i will fab up, but i would like some other ideas, if mine are WAY off-base.

Thanks for letting me invade your cool web-site, and i hope to see some of you out there.

Pic of my toter:
Cummins001.jpg

That tent is exactly what she won't use, and i've specificly shown it to her. I do appreciate the advise, though.

from one newbee to another welcome aboard.

think the biggest issue you would have with inside shower, trying to keep things dry ,water splashing, have to be a one piece water proof floor that fit into area dedicated for shower, depending on your measurements of area maybe able to adapt a shower stall base.

Sportsmobile has a shower option that is basicaly a small kiddie pool with a circular shower curtain that you attach to the ceiling. When you are done showering you take the pool/pan out and dump it into the sink or wherever. Keep in mind the FWC's don't have very big water tanks, especialy the one you are thinking about getting (12 gal)

Check the link for more info.
http://www.sportsmobile.com/index.htmld

(from the Sportsmobile website)
"Porta shower is like the recesseed shower except a smaller shower pan sits on the vans floor for use. The shower water collects in the pan. It can then be dumped into the sink. Rather basic, but it works well. The shower wand and curtain stow in the pan with a cover, 22” x 16” x 6"."

If all else fails, there's always the option of taking an outside shower in a swim suit.

tanyj,

Welcome to the board. I can't help you with the inside shower though I'd love to have one. We use a tent and portable power shower when it comes up. Not enough room in an Eagle for inside setup. Good luck and keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom