Nor Cold 300 3 way for sale

doinepicstuff

Advanced Member
Ok guys I am looking to part with my 3 way fridge. Its coming out of my 2007 4wheel camper hawk and is in great shape. These things work great on AC, and on propane but the draws WAY too much power on DC. Im about to full time out of my Hawk/Tundra combo and need to be able to keep things cold for weeks using my 300w of solar. Make me an offer on the fridge. Sorry I don't have time to take pictures at the moment but it is identical to the one posted a bellow, except it has a stainless cover on the door (needed a large magnetic surface to hang things). Feel free to PM me if interested.

The 12v function on these norcolds is designed for a traveling mode....it should be hooked up to a battery which is under constant charging and isolated so when the truck is turned off...the battery function is disconnected.(key off)...

that 12v function will draw down a standard starting battery while you're filling up your truck with fuel...ask me how I know this....

I just purchased one from WillS...they're great refers...but too many folks expect the same performance from these as a 12v compressor refer like a novacool...those mini compressors are very nice

The 12v side of this is a resistance heater strip much like the 120v side...

Rusty,
Thanks for the response. I LOVE it aside from not being able to run the DC. I know per the manual you have to have a constant 12VDC and the best option for that is the running truck... I was just hoping that I could get by with the 2 deep cycles I am using as a power bank. I've even thought about figuring out a way to replace the DC compressor in order to keep it. I figure it would be a lot of work and my best option is just to swap it out for the ARB. Unfortunately they are 800$. Good luck with yours. From my experience as long as your not camped in the 100's your food is safe on propane mode. Also if you have access to a freezer every couple of days sticking a frozen gallon of water in the fridge helps ALOT.

Respectfully
Joshua

Back
Top Bottom