Norcold refrigeratir

sliderock

I recently purchased a 1974 Alaskan with a Norcold refrigerator that doesn't get cold. The coils heat up quickly but does not get cooler inside. Any suggestions as to what the solution might be?

Thanks

Since it is heating up the controls and heating unit are working. My guess would be that the cooling unit is shot. Not surprising given the age. Time for a new fridge.
There are a couple used ones on this forum.
-Bill-

I have been told that turning it upside down overnight could unblock the gas absorbtion unit.Could be BS but if it was me I would give it a try.Other wise it's junk.

As it's heating up do you hear any gurgling coming from the cooling unit? Do you see any areas on the cooling unit that appear to have a yellow stain? Either one would indicate cooling unit failure.

Turning it upside down is fruitless if the unit has failed. It's a lot cheaper to replace the cooling unit than the entire fridge, and a new cooling unit usually carries a lot longer warranty than a new fridge. But you may not be able to buy a cooling unit for a fridge that old.

Back
Top Bottom