North Coast Road Trip

MarkL

Advanced Member
My wife and I are planning a road trip up the coast from Bodega Bay into Oregon. I've been trying to find some nice campsites along the way but my searches are coming up short. Can anyone suggest a few camps and must see's along the way? We have a week available and hope to get as far as Portland before we head home.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Many of the rest areas have breath taking views and are great for an overnight. I've used them in the past with out any hassles.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/maint/ra/Statewide.htm

gold bluffs beach in nor cal
humbug mtn in ore
cape blanco in ore

youll get more info searching for these

Ditto on Gold Bluffs beach. About 20 minutes north of Fort Bragg is Westport Union. You can park right on the bluff - just feet away from the edge! You can't go wrong with state parks in Oregon, they really put us to shame.

A drive thru Humboldt Redwoods State Park to Mattole Beach Campground is a good one. 12 sites there I believe and shouldn't be a problem on a weekday finding a site. Followed up by a drive up the Cape Mendocino coastline via Mattole Road. You come back to 101 via Ferndale, a quaint Victorian community. A nice overnite sidetrip.

Thanks for the great tips! We'll be hitting the road and heading North on Saturday morning. I'll take a few pics along the way to share.

Happy trails!

Mark

Gold Bluffs Beach:

____118.jpg

Back
Top Bottom