North coast trip

Nice photos Frank. Sorry we couldn't stay longer and meet up with you. Looks like your weather was good like ours. And we saw a "fog bow" too. Good name, I like it. We stopped at that church in Elk and took a picture of our camper there. Sent it to my sisters to see if they recognized it. We had a family friend that was the pastor for several churches on the coast. Since he only stayed at one of them, he let our family stay in the rectory at that church for vacations. This was 35 years ago when I was a teenager. We would play the organ in the church. Some of the music books were from the late 1800's.

Ted it would have been nice to get together.We stopped at Manchester to check it out. Found it different than some folks explained it to me.All I heard about the campground was wind,wind,wind.Seems like there are some spots in the trees that make a nice wind break.
We thought of staying there this trip but it was too early after Ft Bragg to stop.
I found that "fog bow" interesting.I wasn't able to get both sides, but as we walked the beach trail the sun was at the right angle to hit the fog.You could almost get a slight hint of color.
Frank

Enjoyed the trip report a lot. You've got are some great pics there. I enjoyed the sunset pics with the crazy refraction. The kayaking looks like fun.

Frank, looks like a great trip. Brought back some memories of a visit to Point Reyes with my daughter. Thanks for the report.

Back
Top Bottom