Northstar tc 650 refrigerator

Mickey Bitsko

I just picked up a 2k TC650 , the refrigerator is a dometic Americana,it seems to take a looong time to get cold. PO didn't use the gas only ac.
Is this fairly normal?

Thank you, I know I shouldn't leave it running when driving, what's the trick to keep them cool while traveling?

I'm probably going to get chastised for this but, my last two TC's, last one was FWC,I would run the gas all the time when traveling with no issues. This particular refer a large louver door. I'm not comfortable blocking air flow. Maybe a air diversion is in order.

Mickey, I’m sure you’re getting two weeks in the electric chair for that :p

Frank (Casa Escarlata Robles Too) made a great air diversion for the refer in his Bobcat. I think he has drawings and dimensions for it.

No doubt the majority of folks run on gas going down the road. Operation on DC is a poor substitute.

I run 12v while driving. We freeze a couple of Nalgene 1 gal bottles and leave them in the door pockets. Pre-cooling everything helps heaps too.
I've only run gas once while driving but sure didn't sound safe.
That being said a friend ran LP to his fridge in an ancient cabover, mounted on an equally ancient F-250. We drove from San Diego to a very remote Baja spot and it was still ticking. Cold Carta Blancas ready to guzzle.

Back
Top Bottom