Not what I'd hoped for

craig333

Riley's Human
Have time must go. Made it up to my favorite spot in the Eldo, towing the Jeep. Why more people don't put the windshield down I can't explain.
jeep-1.jpg

I was looking for some of the original mormon emigrant trail. Didn't find it but I think I've got it narrowed down to one of two roads. Progress however slow is progress and I had a good time looking.

While I was up there I stopped by the leeks springs hill lookout. Very cool lady with three dogs up there. She warned me against monitor pass but I didn't listen. I heard one, a single thunderboom while I was there. Later that night it rained but not even enought to dampen the dust. So, I head up up 88 after breakfast. Barely headed down after kit carson pass and you can smell the rain. By woodfords the road was wet. From markleeville to the top of monitor pass it poured. I was going to look for teds spot but it was way too wet for that. I considered 395 but it didnt look any better. Ah well, I didn't look as miserable as some of the bicyclists that apparently didn't check the forecast.

So I came home a bit early. I've ordered an awning. Would have been great for this trip in the the light rain. Btw, not single popup sighting the entire time.

Back
Top Bottom