November Yosemite

Roger

Thanks to everyone for their support! I made it through Mt.Diablo, even with the four year old. Yosemite is very cold right now, and I am going up this Sunday. I'll see if the exterior gray water tanks freeze at 32F, I'll post pics later. How do I thaw if that gunk freezes? Yikes!

Just Hunter and me this time. Oh yeah, I'll post a report of how warm we are with the new 12K BTU FWC heater.
By the way the Toyota T100 2.7 4banger made it to the top to Mt. Diablo, at 3,000 from sea level, with 22 gallons of water and 200+ lbs of "stuff". I passed a Suburban with a couple of passengers on the way up for cryin' out loud!
I am taking the 140 (Merced route) to Yosemite.

Pics to follow soon.

Roger and Hunter.

Attachments

• mae hunter mt diablo small.jpg
    mae hunter mt diablo small.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 119
Here are the pics... Wish you were there!

Attachments

• yosemite winter 2010 025.jpg
    yosemite winter 2010 025.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 134
  • yosemite winter 2010 055.JPG
    yosemite winter 2010 055.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 163
Here are the pics... Wish you were there!

Brrrr... did the furnace at least take the edge off?

Brrrr... did the furnace at least take the edge off?

It did until the propane ran out. I was thinking I should have exchanged the tanks the night before... Doh! I set the heater at the lowest temp possible and it cycled on and off until about 6:00 AM then it did the "click click" cycle. We had 0 Degree sleeping bags so we rode it out, the frost on edges developed between 6 AM and about 8AM when we woke up. After I exchanged the tanks it thawed out pretty quickly!

Back
Top Bottom