OBD II Reader For Your Phone

My Dodge will do it without even hooking anything up. Key on and off three times shows the codes. Can't clear em of course.

My brother who moonlights as an Android developer has been using this app. He's running it on his Cooper S :) down in San Diego.
He says it will clear codes. He likes the app quite a bit.

I still need to understand what I would be able to do with the info from the app. We don't need to tweet our gps coords!

I ordered the cheap ($11.99) adapter that shows on the first line of chnlisle's post at amazon. It took about 2 weeks to arrive by post from Hong Kong. Paired it up using android phone (LG Nexus 4).

Test results:

1. Engine not running. Key turned to ON position. The device turned on the check engine light - vehicle dash reported issues with transmission sensors (Stabilitrak and Traction Control messages)
2. Would not permit engine to be started while plugged in
3. Unplugged the device and started the truck, then plugged in the device. Torque App unable to communicate with the ECU via any of the protocols supported. The 4 gauges present in the opening screen of the torque app were operational (RPM dial matched the trucks RPM Gauge). As Torque could not talk to the ECU, the check engine light could not be reset using the app.

I reset the check engine light by disconnecting the truck's battery.

Has anyone had any success with any of the other OBDII devices with a Chevy (2010) pickup?

Thanks

Bill D said:
For those of us running Apple devices the Bluedriver seems to be the go to scanner.

http://www.lemurmonitors.com

It's available on Amazon

I just ordered one, if you want some feedback feel free to ask questions in this thread and I'll do my best to answer.
+1 on the Bluedriver.
Got one a month ago. Read & cleared check engine code on son's 2001 Subaru Forester using iPad app. Read codes using Android app.
Read and showed multiple engine/transmission running conditions on both the Subaru and my 2010 Tundra. No problems so far.

Read the fine print in the app store descriptions and reviews of any you consider. Some apps allow only one vehicle without additional charge. Additional vehicles may require in app payment Can run actual price up quite a bit depending how many cars you need to check.. Caveat Emptor!

Paul

Mynxd, did you order the Veepeak VP-11? That's the one I ordered yesterday at the recommendation of a friend. He likes his. I have a Jeep Cherokee and an F250 I want it for.

Guess I may need to maybe look at another model?

Back
Top Bottom