October Black Rock?

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
Anyone interested in hitting the Black Rock desert in October - probably around the second week? Or somewhere else?

I'm a definite possibility of a maybe. That's about when my camper will ready. Since I'll be in No.Cal for the install I'll need a shake down cruse. I just can't say for sure. I've got no camper Jone's and I can't wait to take it on a test run. :(

Mike

Definitely a maybe if work slows down in October like its supposed to. Been wanting to get up in that country.

October is a good time to be in the desert, might be taking my dog snake hunting in the Steens around that time (hopefully he has learned to run away from them by then), and its just a quick run south through Fields then West from there to the Black Rock-keep the thought up!

I'm very interested (as I've already said offline).
smile.gif

However, since I'm already planning a trip to the Sierra-eastside about the same time, I'd need to know exactly what dates we're talking about.

I'm very interested (as I've already said offline).
smile.gif

However, since I'm already planning a trip to the Sierra-eastside about the same time, I'd need to know exactly what dates we're talking about.

We did East Side Fall Colors late October last year and seemed to be there at a good time.
Of course the seasons will vary from year to year.

From Oct 23, 2010 Lundy Canyon
129911220.jpg

Perhaps Black Rock sooner and East Side later?
Not that I can commit at this point. :oops:

We did East Side Fall Colors late October last year and seemed to be there at a good time.

Yeah, I was over there about the same time last year -- right after the October Pork Rally, in fact, and there was lots of color in Upper Summer Meadows.
But as you say, it depends on the year...and elevation. When I went up to 10,000+ feet in the Whites that same week the aspens were already done.

Perhaps Black Rock sooner and East Side later?

That's what I was leaning towards, too.

Home Skillet and "She Who Finds Things" are in for sure in the "Titan Expedition Vehicle". Around the weekend of 15,16 but 22,23 might work better for us. Either way.....

Home Skillet

We are booked up for October. Too bad. Never been to Black Rock. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;) I hear, besides the playa, there are some roads you should avoid if it has been raining.

Any chance for doing this the weekend at the beginning of the second week (end of first week) -- Sa/Su, October 8/9?

We are planning to visit SE OR from around the 12th to the 19th-ish. Black Rock is close to there. So is the Alvord. Mini-rally seems to be in order. Should I bring the Fat Tire?

It's 6pm, is DD still sober?
huh.gif
If so, could he propose a date for the October Black Rock Rally...at least a suggested working date? Or, maybe he doesn't need to be sober...
rolleyes.gif
Whoever's with him, just put an October calendar in front of him and ask him to point.
biggrin.gif

Home Skillet has said "around the weekend of 15-16". Is that right, can we who might be interested pencil that in?
just wondering...

"around the weekend of 15-16". Is that right, can we who might be interested pencil that in?

Sounds about perfect for me.

It's 6pm, is DD still sober?
huh.gif
If so, could he propose a date for the October Black Rock Rally...at least a suggested working date? Or, maybe he doesn't need to be sober...
rolleyes.gif
Whoever's with him, just put an October calendar in front of him and ask him to point.
biggrin.gif

Home Skillet has said "around the weekend of 15-16". Is that right, can we who might be interested pencil that in?
just wondering...

Sorry been a bit limited with Internet. It's going to be that weekend of the 15-17 with a likely rally point on Friday. Blackrock is a very remote locale with no cell service so making the rally point will be important. More info to come.

It's going to be that weekend of the 15-17 with a likely rally point on Friday.

Thanks for the confirmation, DD.
smile.gif

"rally point" = "the place we meet first, then go elsewhere"?
on Friday the 14th.

Thanks for the confirmation, DD.
smile.gif

"rally point" = "the place we meet first, then go elsewhere"?
on Friday the 14th.

Yeah meet the 14th and go from there.

Would REALLY love to do this but we will be returning from Guatemala on that day. Been wandering the South far more than the West lately it seems.

Back
Top Bottom