October Black Rock?

We are very likely going to be there! We should be in SE OR by around Monday before, with no real plan, so unless something draws us somewhere else, we should be there. Who else is coming?

We are very likely going to be there! We should be in SE OR by around Monday before, with no real plan, so unless something draws us somewhere else, we should be there. Who else is coming?

I hope I am not going to be there by myself!!! :D

Well right now it looks like we have:

DirtyDog
Home Skillet
MarkBC
Silvertip
Camelracer

and maybe Craig and Brett? Plus we had James and a couple others interested? Should be a good turnout for such a remote location.

DirtyDog
Home Skillet
MarkBC
Silvertip
Camelracer
and maybe Craig and Brett? Plus we had James and a couple others interested? Should be a good turnout for such a remote location.

Ummm....I think I should be listed as a "maybe" now. I still want to attend, but I may move up my planned trip to the eastern Sierra by a week, leaving Bend Oct 10 and staying south (like, Bridgeport to Big Pine) for 2+ weeks. A friend who lives in Bridgeport tells me that aspens in his area are already changing color -- early this year, so I have to decide how much I care about catching that show. Maybe there are other areas that change later...lower elevations or further south than Bridgeport?
On the other hand...photo op for catching fall color is not my primary reason for the trip, I just love the area. Unsure...
huh.gif

Ummm....I think I should be listed as a "maybe" now.... Unsure...
huh.gif

Booo

Well my vacation request is still not approved but I think you can move me up to probable. I have dirt on the boss, pics too.

We are in. Just got back from Baja (airplane, not the rig). We will be at Soldier Meadow Campground on Friday. Looking forward to seeing all the places you are all talking about.

Home Skillet

DirtyDog
Home Skillet
MarkBC
Silvertip
Camelracer

So guys, where would any rally point be? I'm heading to the coast this week like I've done for 40 years at this time of the year because of the rabbit brush! The salt air clears me out and makes me whole! I can deal with the rabbit brush in the desert but not after word in a closed place-like home or the office (before i retired). I had planned to head back to the Steens and the trout creek mountains to meet an old army buddy, when i got back, so where would i head south to met up? Anyway, the dog is well an and ready for some adventure-and the 49ers won again. Really liked those reports on Reno North-back in my old stomping grounds again!
Smoke

So guys, where would any rally point be?

At Soldier Meadows, suggests DirtyDog:

How do people feel about meeting at the Soldier Meadows Campground on the evening of Friday the 14th?

At Soldier Meadows, suggests DirtyDog:
If i get back in time sounds fine, nice country, but the BRD is sorta different from the the high rock county, got to know where you are going and where you are going, may have to rush to get back in time! By the way, any single women., out there who like to trek?

So what is the plan post rally point? Or does everyone want to figure it out at the rally point? Also, is everyone using Ham, CB or GRS radios for comm?

I have plans of heading south to the Bryce Canyon area starting that following week, but no reason why I couldn't squeeze in a little Black Rock. Been going up there since 1993 and still love it.

Jack

So what is the plan post rally point? Or does everyone want to figure it out at the rally point? Also, is everyone using Ham, CB or GRS radios for comm?

I have plans of heading south to the Bryce Canyon area starting that following week, but no reason why I couldn't squeeze in a little Black Rock. Been going up there since 1993 and still love it.

Jack

We don't have any plans yet but suggestions are certainly welcome. Most don't have Hams or CB's so communications are stone age in this outfit.

We don't have any plans yet but suggestions are certainly welcome. Most don't have Hams or CB's so communications are stone age in this outfit.

Like this

I'm still working on this. 10/6 through 10/9 I'll be at Lake Oroville, 10/20 through 10/23 New Melones; It will be sweet to fit a desert trip in between. All in between work and an online class!

Vacation request approved. Lets hope this silly rain stuff stays away.

Yeah I'm hoping the playa will be dry so we can set the land speed record for a truck camper.

Back
Top Bottom