Offroader missing

keith

Contributors
I just received this and thought I'd post here. Hope he turns up with a smile!

URGENT - Offroader missing - Jay Lafontaine Bryan has been missing since last week. If you can, please help post this and pass this around or on other forums. He was last seen driving from Boomtown Nevada to Death Valley on 11/27, driving a Jeep Rubicon - black, no doors. Additional info on the link below. http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2750358620050172860AuTWpy

I just received this and thought I'd post here. Hope he turns up with a smile!

URGENT - Offroader missing - Jay Lafontaine Bryan has been missing since last week. If you can, please help post this and pass this around or on other forums. He was last seen driving from Boomtown Nevada to Death Valley on 11/27, driving a Jeep Rubicon - black, no doors. Additional info on the link below. http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2750358620050172860AuTWpy

Sorry to report this, his body was found I believe 3 days ago, apperantly he got himself stuck in a bad snow storm, that's all I know.

Such a shame. Makes me happy to have a camper. Figure I could last a couple weeks in the camper. Another reason to have a spot or plb.

As Wanderer's, it reminds all of us to be careful. It is winter and I want to go somewhere, especially that I have some time over Christmas. Make sure you check the weather reports and if you think there is a slight chance where you are planning to go may be a bad idea, don't do it. It will be ok weather in few months, just wait. I am from the same area as the lost camper. Just because its ok weather here and we have some experience in the mountains, doesn't mean a few hundred miles away that it can be deadly unsafe. And, think twice if you plan on camping alone.

Be safe out there.

I received this late last night. Some of you had already heard. Yes it's a reminder to stay safe, and plan well.

In an earlier e-mail we sent out in aid to help, we have heard that Jay Lafontaine was missing. In an attempt to assist we sent out an e-mail asking for help in finding him as soon as we got the e-mail stating he was missing. We however, got sad news stating that he had been found, tragically not alive. We are not a company that sends out a ton of e-mail messages, however, if we were to hear that any of you were missing, we would do the same in a heart beat. Unfortunately we got this e-mail a tad too late, and we're not able to assist. Sierra Expeditions apologizes for the numerous e-mails and the nuisance this may have caused. We wish you all a safe and joyful holiday season. Thanks, Sierra Expeditions Sales Team www.SierraExpeditions.com Toll Free: (866) 507-4254 Phone: (602) 445-6228 Fax: (602) 324-7256

I received this late last night. Some of you had already heard. Yes it's a reminder to stay safe, and plan well.

In an earlier e-mail we sent out in aid to help, we have heard that Jay Lafontaine was missing. In an attempt to assist we sent out an e-mail asking for help in finding him as soon as we got the e-mail stating he was missing. We however, got sad news stating that he had been found, tragically not alive. We are not a company that sends out a ton of e-mail messages, however, if we were to hear that any of you were missing, we would do the same in a heart beat. Unfortunately we got this e-mail a tad too late, and we're not able to assist. Sierra Expeditions apologizes for the numerous e-mails and the nuisance this may have caused. We wish you all a safe and joyful holiday season. Thanks, Sierra Expeditions Sales Team www.SierraExpeditions.com Toll Free: (866) 507-4254 Phone: (602) 445-6228 Fax: (602) 324-7256

I'm sorry to hear that. I for one don't consider numerous e-mails about a lost person to be a nuisance. I can only speak for myself, but I'm glad you posted their e-mail here. Seeing as you are already on their mailing list, please forward my sentiment to SierraExpeditions.com.

Keith: You should not apologize. This could be many of us. I certainly know it could be me. Due to an illness in my wife's family, I camped quite a bit by myself this year in the same area as our lost companion. Letting each other know about these unfortunate mishaps helps us all be more careful.

Thank you.

For 30 years or so I've been searching out remote beauty. At many times alone, sometimes with just my spouse. It's all to easy to believe one is smart enough, prepared enough, experienced enough or just plain lucky enough to take chances. I sure I will not change that soon. I'm sorry for Jay and his family. Try to be safe all.

Back
Top Bottom