OK boys (and girls) time together your checkbook out...

While not a Ford guy, Methinks I'd rather have this:

http://bit.ly/2gJPonS

THE HENNESSEY VELOCIRAPTOR 6X6

ford.jpg

Squatch said:
The whole Overlanding thing is so last year. I'm over the whole concept and back to traveling and camping out of my truck!
If I didn't have a wife, dogs, and too much stuff, I'd probably be living off my motorcycle in South America, Asia or elsewhere no 24/7 cable news exists.

But sadly, my life remains far too busy 12 years into retirement, even when looking for simpler approaches to travel.

I could go for the EarthRoamer no problem and it would solve a couple issues I have with the wife and our pack of dogs. I looked at them and then saw the price. I guess I'll be working for a while longer. Haha!

Yes the overlanding thing has gotten old. O just want to explore and camp. Don’t need the latest and greatest for that.

Could the door be four feet wide and ten feet tall with ladders for both the first and second floors? :p

I thought my Tundra with Hawk was big until we returned from a hike in DVNP to find a EarthRoamer parked next to us that dwarfed our rig.

Paul

Every OX-West I can't but help walk through the F-550/XV-LTS EarthRoamer. EarthRoamer brings new meaning to Air Stream's coined phrase "Land Yacht".

I often thought the F-550/XV-LTS might limit access to my adventures due to width and height. A few places I could re-visit, albeit with a few tree branch scrapes. However in the F-750/XV-HD, it would be downright impossible to visit some places such as Point Sublime, North Rim GCNP. I don't think it would be possible to get through the forest on the 17 mile road to the Point from the NR Visitors Center without some serious impacts. And no way would the F-750 negotiate the tight spots on the slot canyon sandy tracks off the Burr Trail.

This year, EarthRoamer had a literature/info about the F-750. The amount of electrical power it consumes is stunning, but what do you expect with an onboard washing machine? The entire roof is a solar panel farm.

I think the appearance of a tiny width door is an illusion due to the extreme size of the box on the F-750 EarthRoamer uses the same door on the F-550 and no issues getting in /out.

Screenshot_2017-11-02_07.18.07.png

I've only climbed aboard the F-550 XV-LTS.

If my Powerball numbers ever hit on the BIG ONE, I will fly to Denver in my new Pilatus PC-12NG and order a new F-750 EarthRoamer.

If that thing got stuck good luck getting it unstuck. I already cringe when I get brush marks but with that paint (wrap?).

Back
Top Bottom