Old lurker, new owner

Erik E

This is a first for me, i have actually met a few of you IRL before becoming a member of a forum. So i am a lifelong nomad and i love to travel but with a new family the days of sleeping in the back of my truck in 5 degree snow for first chair are dwindling my wife wasnt having it. So i recently sold the old truck and pulled the trigger on a larger tacoma LBDC with a 2000something eagle. (No sure of the year)

Stoked i did it after chatting with a of people in parking lots im really excited about this toy. Although many of you talked me into it i wanted to shout out to a few members who i can remember by name.

-jim thanks for the eagle i love it so far, hope your fleet is doing you good

-tomas thanks for the airbag cups and the wealth of information, i still owe you a beer..hope to tag along on a baja trip one day

-ted thanks for being so gracious and offering to spot me for a camp site in sequoia, we were super beat but decided to make a run into town for food and cash

Anyhow im excited to learn here, and how i can mod my way into a rig for snow camping with boards and wet gear to summer surf trips. I hope to get in on some trips with some of you guys local to me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 134
I'll be the first to say Welcome to the Cult :oops:

Kidding aside, I'm looking forward to hearing how you trick out your rig for mountain and surf.
There's lot's of good info here within the boards, and if you've been a lurker you are on the right track.

Sweeeeeeet. Nice to see that you've got the rig that you want, and that will suit your needs! Looks like a pretty good setup. See you on the threads.

Kilroy

Nice looking rig. Lots of great information on WTW, and yes we need pictures of how you modify your camper.

Bill

Welcome to the forum, Erik. No problem offering to help out. I was still grumpy after having our space stolen and was looking for some good camping karma. Saw you leave and come back and figured you ran into town. Hope you had a good getaway.

So you have met Tomas? He doesn't pop in on WTW much anymore but goes back to the early days and has been great source of help to many people. You may want to look at some of the trip reports by Sunman as he goes surfing in Baja frequently.

Enjoy your camper and good luck to your friend looking for one. Ted

Yo welcome aboard from down here in the 'Nard...Tomas told me about you, I'll keep an eye out for you in VTA.

Right on sun man, if you the guy tomas was talking about down the street from him you fished cedros with my buddy from work DT. Please do there are a few in the neighborhood but i havent gotten to talk to them as of yet but ill take any advise i can get.

Back
Top Bottom