On September 20th I'm joining the group

If this means what I think it means.................a big congrats is in order! You have been off the road for too long. Happy travels.

Cool, and finally!
smile.gif

So...when are you going to start an inaugural "Trip Planning"???

You better have a ton of pictures.

^^^
This

Really looking forward to checking out this bad boy.

A couple of iPhone sneak peeks from about 4 hours ago.....

Attachments

• dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 346
  • dd2.jpg
    dd2.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 338
Welcome DD. You'll find this to be a great web site with lots of good information. The folks here are very friendly and generally fun to hang out with. Hope to see you on the road sometime. :rolleyes:

Mike

Ooh, it comes with a filing cabinet. How handy.

Welcome DD. You'll find this to be a great web site with lots of good information. The folks here are very friendly and generally fun to hang out with. Hope to see you on the road sometime.
Mike

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Welcome DD. You'll find this to be a great web site with lots of good information. The folks here are very friendly and generally fun to hang out with. Hope to see you on the road sometime. :rolleyes:

Mike

:LOL:

Very cool, should be interesting to see how you like all your ideas incorporated into the Dirty Dog DenTM. :p

Hey DD, where are you picking up the camper? Delivery or the long trip to Sac?

In Sacramento.

Have you guys figured out how you're mounting this camper yet? Bolted down? Turn buckles off the jack brackets to the flatbed perimeter? Other?

We are thinking a bolt down will be the most user friendly on this set up. We are not going to put on the jack brackets until the truck is here just in case we have to go with a side mount. The problem with a side mounting system is that it may cover some of the access doors and furnace.
So the answer will not come until next week.

Cool, it'll be interesting to see what shakes out.

I haven't decided myself either but I have sometime (probably a good amount of time :LOL: ). I don't have access doors in the vicinity I need to worry about though. I like the idea of turnbuckles for ease and quick install w/o too much alignment. Bolt through would be a cleaner external appearance for sure however I'm not sure if there are nice tricks for aligning things during the on/off of the camper (I'd like to pull mine at will, not sure if DD is planning to leave his mostly on), and will either require installing the nuts from the underside unless they're fixed as part of a mounting plate.

You are right that turn buckels might be a little faster however DD has a lip on the edge of his flat bed that should make lining it up a snap. We will soon find out. Have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom