On September 20th I'm joining the group

That might require focusing.

.....it never ends :rolleyes:

......but they all are right about needing a lot more photos, a lot more photos! What are you doing, traveling and exploring?

I'm back after taking the long way home. Pics to come tomorrow!

Looking forward to it...as well as seeing it in person. :)

Teaser for now

gallery_2_125_63875.jpg

More! :LOL:

Is that a metal vent over your stove? What's the rational with that verse another fantastic fan/vent if so?

Looks pretty slick. How's the getting in/out with it being on the side (I normally step on my bumper when I don't have stool out) and a bit taller?

More! :LOL:

Is that a metal vent over your stove? What's the rational with that verse another fantastic fan/vent if so?

Looks pretty slick. How's the getting in/out with it being on the side (I normally step on my bumper when I don't have stool out) and a bit taller?

I didn't really specify what I wanted for vents so they put a standard vent over the stove and a Fantastic Fan over the bed. The vent spot above the stove is wired for electric so I can put another FF there if I end up wanting one.

Yes without a bumper to step on its quite a bit harder to get into. A step will be required most of the time (although I can climb up there by standing on the tire).

Good it's wired so you can do whatever down the line. Does it use the same housing as a FF for an easy swap or do you have to change out the whole unit? Sorta surprising the see a metal cover on vents in these rigs (unless that's not metal and I'm just seeing it wrong).

Just don't eat **** trying to get in when the tire is muddy! :eek: (I'll run into the same issue).

Looks like you might have ended up through bolting it? Does that lip nicely nest/center the camper for you?

More pics! Very cool to see this thing done. Did it feel awesome camping in it the first time with a more spacious floor plan custom to your needs or what?

.....it never ends :rolleyes:

......but they all are right about needing a lot more photos, a lot more photos! What are you doing, traveling and exploring?

My wife and I have a TON of pics, but we have been on shoots all year, so it might not happen until the leaves drop. We have put an amazing amount of time in our ATC this year, about 3 days a week on average. We just bought this great new sleeping bag specifically for our rig:

http://www.rei.com/product/796072/big-agnes-cabin-creek-15-sleeping-bag-double

Tonight we are doing a lifestyle shoot under the stars....

I really like your new camper. I think I found a simple solution to getting in and out. And it folds flat. I googled " tire mounted step ". Here's a couple of pics.

Attachments

• rvs-tirehopper-1.jpg
    rvs-tirehopper-1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Tire mounted step.jpg
    Tire mounted step.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 120
I really like your new camper. I think I found a simple solution to getting in and out. And it folds flat. I googled " tire mounted step ". Here's a couple of pics.

*golf clap*

Sorta surprising the see a metal cover on vents in these rigs (unless that's not metal and I'm just seeing it wrong).

ATC uses those metal vents. Not sure what/if the advantage of them is.

Teaser shot looks good DD. Waiting for a full album detailing your new design camper.

What is the black thing between the bike rack and the AT jerry can holder?

ATC uses those metal vents. Not sure what/if the advantage of them is.

The advantage I like about them is that no daylight comes in, when it is closed.

I've got one of these in the forward, overcab area, and with a "no-light" curtain at the edge of the bed, it makes for a nice dark area in the daytime if the windows are also covered.

However, it's better if I'm in the shade, as the camper can get warm with no ventilation when parked in the sun.

The 12 speed fantastic fan in the rear area, let's in a lot of light, open or closed in the daytime.

What we like about the lower profile metal vents is that they are lower profile and will not stress crack like the plastic vents do over time. We can install other than metal vents on request. Have a nice day. Marty

Teaser shot looks good DD. Waiting for a full album detailing your new design camper.

What is the black thing between the bike rack and the AT jerry can holder?

That is a Go-Bee light made by the Go Light outfit. Remote controlled. We thought it would be cool.

That is a Go-Bee light made by the Go Light outfit. Remote controlled. We thought it would be cool.

Cool indeed. I just bought a GoLight a couple weeks ago for my camper.

Back
Top Bottom