On to Idaho! - Summer 2016

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
Five states, 2705 miles in the truck, it was a grand adventure, the Lady's last summer break trip. It was epic. It included high mountains, family, fly fishing, and long awaited world famous milkshakes. We found a new hot springs. We relaxed. It will take time putting the complete story together but that's just another part of the trip we enjoy doing.

All seven parts are completed and up on our blog. You can find them here -

On to Idaho! - Summer 2016 - Part One

On to Idaho! - Summer 2016 - Part Two

Oh to Idaho! - Summer 2016 - Part Three

On to Idaho! - Summer 2016 - Part Four

On to Idaho! - Summer 2016 - Part Five

On to Idaho! - Summer 2016 - Part Six

On to Idaho! - Summer 2016 - Part Seven

Please enjoy! :)

Nice! I'm surprised The Lady didn't look at Wheeler Peak in GBNP and say "Let's go there."

I didn't know turkeys roosted in the trees either. I'll have to look up more often.

Looks to me like the 3Pins had a pretty nice start to The Lady's last summer break. A wonderful, as always, trip report. Thanks for letting us tag along!!!

GroovyDad said:
Nice! I'm surprised The Lady didn't look at Wheeler Peak in GBNP and say "Let's go there."
Want to go along with us next time to the top of Wheeler? It will be our fifth trip to the summit. :)

ski3pin said:
Want to go along with us next time to the top of Wheeler? It will be our fifth trip to the summit. :)
The time I went to the top, it kicked my butt! The wind was horrendous, which I hear it is pretty much all the time. It was one of the best times I've spent being miserable. I'd do it again.

It's so fine to once again follow along at you two practice your considerable skills in the Northern Rockies.

Your experience at Kimmer Lake brings to mind two adages about fishing: "There's a reason why it's called fishing and not catching", and "Big fish don't get big by being foolish".

Looking forward to following along with your explorations from base camp in Part 3!

Foy

Ha ha, caught with your pants down... While reading your tale, I thought the trout was going to take your whole rod into the water. Glad to hear that you only lost from the tippet down.

Ski, Another beautiful area. Looking forward to the rest of the story. Thanks for sharing and again the videos are a nice touch. jd

In our "backyard" and glad you enjoyed it! We've been to most those places and enjoyed seeing your photos! Nice to see that you escaped the smoke.

BTW, did you talk to the outfitter? I think our Senator Simpson was going in around that time and I think they were using pack animals to bring in gear. He was instrumental in protecting that area (along with some of our friends who worked on it for > 20 years!).

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Beautiful country to wander! Many thanks to the 3Pins for letting us join them!
Thanks Mr. Sage! Very kind. :)

kmcintyre said:
In our "backyard" and glad you enjoyed it! We've been to most those places and enjoyed seeing your photos! Nice to see that you escaped the smoke.
The day we visited Goat Lake we had the worse smoke, but all in all it would come and go. I took one photo of the Sawtooth Valley. For awhile the smoke was hanging in and we were glad we were up high.

kmcintyre said:
BTW, did you talk to the outfitter? I think our Senator Simpson was going in around that time and I think they were using pack animals to bring in gear. He was instrumental in protecting that area (along with some of our friends who worked on it for > 20 years!).
No, we did not. They had their heads down, finishing up a long ride. Thanks to your friends and all involved in the preservation of the Boulder - White Clouds!

longhorn1 said:
Beautiful area. I think I would sit back for hours and take it all in. Looking forward to Part 4. jd
It indeed is a beautiful area, thank you John! :)

Ski you are still setting the standard to which all blogs are judged*

*except Milt's, his art takes his trip reports to another level.

Back
Top Bottom