On to Idaho! - Summer 2016

ski3pin said:
"Special breed", oh the definitions we could come up for "special breed" would be endless and generations of fly fishing authors are still taking a crack at it. Thanks for the kind comments takesiteasy! :)
“In our family, there was no clear line between religion and fly fishing. We lived at the junction of great trout rivers in western Montana, and our father was a Presbyterian minister and a fly fisherman who tied his own flies and taught others. He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman.”
― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Throught It and Other Stories

ski3pin said:
Sacred text there, Mr. Sage
I find this to be even holier... wish Maclean would have written more.

“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It and Other Stories

Looks like you had a great trip. I have so many pictures, etc. of Idaho as we do 3-6 backpack trips a year around here (I live in Boise). Awesome scenery, etc. and it looks like the smoke stayed away. We're headed out (I think) to the White Clouds next week. Thanks for sharing. For others, the photos are accurate and Idaho has some amazing places to hike, etc.

Back
Top Bottom