One Of The Nicest Campers Ever

John D

Home made camper seen in Montana about 30 miles east of Lemhi Pass, the gentleman’s beautiful wife could have been a direct descendant of Sacagawea herself. One would be hard put to find a more comfortable camper.

Attachments

• 0810082018a.jpg
    0810082018a.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,155
  • 0810082018b.jpg
    0810082018b.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 1,183
Two more pictures of a fine home made camper

Attachments

• 0810082018c.jpg
    0810082018c.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 536
  • 0810082020a.jpg
    0810082020a.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 551
Looks comfy but also looks HEAVY. What was he towing it with? I can't quite make it out.

This camper is built on a pickup chassis. The front wheels are steerable and there is a tongue arrangement. The tow vehicle is a pickup which was loaded with gear, including a boat topside.

When I took these pictures, they said they had been camped at Clark Canyon Res. about a month. The campground had no hookups but did have covered eating areas at some sites. They had pretty well moved into one of them, which gave them extra covered space for a little stove wood, etc. A modern pit toilet was on site. Traveling east, toward the interstate, there are two more campgrounds with more complete hookups and more populated with RVs. I would assume they are more expensive too.

The gentleman and his wife live in Wyoming, not a great distance away. Probably their biggest worry was the coyotes that might get their pretty little dog.

These folks have a unique setup which obviously suits them well. Clearly, from the way the inside of the camper if fixed up, the wife is house proud and happy. I have met several Prevost owners who would trade places with this guy in a heart beat. There are some things that money can not buy and one of them is a cheerful home. In his own way, this is a wealthy man.

This is awesome ............
i would really like to see tons of pics,this house rocks

Good for them man. They look happy as pigs in S#1t. I'll bet that thing probably took a thousand hours or more to build.

Back
Top Bottom