One Short Trip Booked

robbie

I feel the need to go fishing in Alaska again.

We will leave home June 18 drive over to Skagway, Alaska then take the ferry on the 19th to Juneau.
Spend the 19 and 20th touring Juneau, then on a float plane flight the morning of the 21st to Pelican, AK.
Spend four days in Pelican with three days on a charter. Some friends are flying in from Carson City Nevada so we have the boat to ourselves.
Back to Juneau on the 25th ferry. Ferry only goes to Pelican 2 X a month. We will stay a couple more days in Juneau then should be back home on the 28 of July. Just in time to get serious about adding moose and caribou meat to the freezer.
I still need to do a bit of TLC to our old Fleet but almost ready to go..

Robbie

Watson Lake, Yukon. so not very long. Home yo Skagway should be no longet than 7 hours easy drive..

Robbie

A'm I your friend? I live in Carson City Nevada :). Sounds like a great trip, catch lots of fish, have fun.

I was curious about taking the truck and camper on a ferry. How do they determine if they can take you? Is it weight, size or a combination? Thanks. Alaska is big on my to do list when I finally get a truck and camper and some retirement:)

Maybe now I have two friends in Carson City. We were there for a week last May on a visit.

For the ferry it is overall truck length, width, height.

If over 25 feet you can not book online you need to book via phone.

If you want to do a ferry trip book as far ahead as possible as most routes are full in the summer..

Robbie

Back
Top Bottom