One Tank of Gas Getaways

I have mixed feelings about this account. The reason I bought a FWC was to escape mosquitoes while camping. But I like to hike as well. Looks like the skeets tried to transfuse you when you were out of the camper. I find we travel better when it is not skeet season.

Your account reminds me of a small book I read by James Michener called JOURNEY. In that book the main characters who were traveling to the Yukon were completely overcome by mosquitoes. They woke up to a horrid smell. Some Indians had found them and smeared their bodies with rotten bear fat. Apparently the mosquitoes could not stand the stuff. One of the characters later said something like the stench was like perfume, because it brought relief from the nasty little critters.

Good stuff. We've just been low key camping with friends at some state parks over the summer (they are used to more amenities) and since the wife is on the back half of pregoville and we've got the 15mo old we oblige the more accessible stuff and company. Back country will be mixed back in more starting next year.

So do you suspect the person was howling due to being clubbed or got clubbed due to the howling? :unsure:

<snip>

So do you suspect the person was howling due to being clubbed or got clubbed due to the howling? :unsure:

We figure he got clubbed due to the howling.

Best wishes for your growing family pods8, and we hope the "backside of pregoville" goes fine without a hitch for all.

Best wishes for your growing family pods8, and we hope the "backside of pregoville" goes fine without a hitch for all.

Thanks, we're about 7weeks out for the due date on my second son and things are looking good (she's feeling it a bit more than the first but generally speaking she's had good luck both times). Calling the expansion good after than and our little posse shall hopefully enjoy the new camper that is slowing taking shape!

It's tough taking it easier for a bit on one hand but I just gotta look ahead at the fun it will be having two little travel buddies to take out and about down the line.

Back
Top Bottom