Opinions dometic crx 110s VS norcold de0788

rjm

Looking to replace my 3 way with compressor type - price not part of equation - cut fits these models - quality and efficiency is concern. I believe the dometic has thicker insulation but can't confirm.
Any input is appreciated . Rj

We installed the Dometic CRX1065 to replace our failed NorCold 3 way. It fits the cutout and I put some insulation and draft stop around the front perimeter. The access hatch and vent are still on the exterior siding.

Our 100ah battery and 120 watt panel just keeps up. I don't have any data on insulation values. We both like more consistent temperature control. Our 3 way used to freeze veggies if we weren't careful. And pushing a button, versus lighting the gas flame is far more convenient, not to mention what do you do at a gas station.

I used a Waeco in my build (2013), it is now named Dometic. I only added the a top vent to the fridge area. I have added a fan that is controlled by a thermostat. I have 250w on the roof and my two original AGM batteries. This setup will run continuously. I would never go back to the propane I had in my 2002 Hawk.

Back
Top Bottom