ordered a new Granby should be here at the end of the month.

dauntless225

Advanced Member
so I finally pulled the trigger on ordering a Granby at the Portland sportsman show. I gave up looking for a used one after almost a year of looking everywhere within reason. now looking forward for it to get here and go camping..
This camper is going on my Jeep truck M715(not stock). yes it is an old truck but was a father son project that works rather well so hard to change to something else.

I will post pics after I get it and give my impressions on how an old diesel powered 1 1/4ton truck hauls it around.
kevin

Cool!!! Post some pics when you get her mounted. I'd like to see that rig. BTW, you could have said 5/4 ton, most of us would have known. Great rig!!!

Congrats, when is your due date?
Sounds like a bitchin rig.
Don't forget we need pictures, otherwise it never happened , also you can keep us salivating with a list of options.

It gets installed on 3/27 in Phoenix, OR. at the home depoe parking lot.. that should be interesting...

I will take pics during the install.. because of the high cab, short bed length(7'8") and the low bed height the camper will not look quite as clean as on a standard full size. but the truck will not need anything to handle the load.. air bags ect...

Options:
GRANDBY POP-UP SPECIFICATIONS BASE PRICE $13,795.00

Silver Spur Edition inside only
Side Dinette Seating
Mechanical Camper Jacks w/ Brackets (4 corner)
Smooth Fiberglass Exterior Siding (instead of aluminum)
WAECO Compressor 110 Liter Refrigerator/Freezer 2-Way (AC/DC)
Forced Air Furnace w/ Thermostat
Flush Mount Glass Top Appliances
DSI Hot Water Heater w/ Outside Shower Package
Fan-Tastic Power Roof Vent Fan
Extra Roof Vent
Front Opening Window
Yakima Roof Rack System (Complete)
Rear Wall Steps
Rear Flood Lights (LED)
LED Exterior Lighting Package
Thermal Pack
Auxiliary Battery System - 1st Battery (wiring, battery, separator)
2nd Deep Cycle Battery (dual batteries)
Small Opening Driver's Side Window
Porta Potti
Gas Strut Roof Lift Assists
Ready To Go Anywhere Package

As for the truck. it has a 4bt, turbo 400, NP205, warn 12k, 38" XL tires with CUCV axles(I decided that disk brakes would be nice) vs stock drums.

yes the clock as far as I can tell has about stopped...

WOW you got the whole shebang !
Almost the same wish list I have. I want the Silver spur outside not inside, I think the aluminum siding will be good for off road abuse (I've never seen a fiberglass silver spur exterior, I don't even know if they do that), I think I want the side couch because I'm tall and the extra storage and two fantastic fans would be nice. I'm going to the factory in late April to make my final decisions.
I can't wait to see your pictures. Inside and out please.
Congratulations again.

This mourning when I read your option list I got so excited that I forgot to read your truck specs.
Now that I have…..Wow, that's seriously cool.
I wouldn't mind if you treated us with a picture of your truck before you get to the Home Depot parking lot.
I have a new truck but there something about the old ones thats hard to beat.
Your going to have a lot of fun getting lost with your new rig.
I guess come April you'll be ready for the Apocalypse or maybe just some bitching good times.

Below is a pic of the truck. It should be interesting what the mpg will be with the camper on it. I currently get 17 on the highway..I'm hoping for 15mpg.
FLH8LAkY2xdwlEy0NjA7AbauJ5fVS_Qnq3QmwiRLJ0M=w152-h201-p-no

Here is one more with a pallot of retaining wall material in the bed. which weighs more then the camper that will be going on it. so suspension should handle it just fine..
IMG_1990.JPG

That's just cool, I'm looking forward to seeing the combo.
March always seems to be the longest month of the year, I'm sure you would agree...

Kevin, we had our Grandby installed at the Phoenix Home Depot in late December. No problems whatsoever. Kirk was the FWC driver, and did a quick, professional job. Your camper sounds like it it very nicely appointed.

that is good to hear on the no issues on the install. and with the depoe right there getting parts as needed is easier... time is slowing down that is for sure...

Damn, I believe you are the first one here with a convertible truck.
Can hardly wait to see a picture of the camper mounted and the top down on the truck!

yes, that was one of my concerns of wind buffeting the top with the camper on. I will know if that is an issue. on the drive back..

for effect I can fold the windshield down also! ;-)

dauntless225 said:
for effect I can fold the windshield down also!
You know you have all bases covered....truck, camper and a Harley.
Fold down the windshield, leather flying helmet and goggles. Matching outfit for wife and or dog? :D
Love that truck!

your right, in that the motor in my truck shakes like a harley...or worse actually when ideling

and the dog actually hates getting in the truck.. but my significant other likes it so all is good...

Well ? I hope your just having to much fun and no time for posting. Don't forget us !

Back
Top Bottom