Ordered an F250 Tremor today!

4XHOTEL

Title says it all... hoping the wait will only be 14-16 months.

F250, Tremor Package, 7.3L gas, 4.30 gears, Dana 60 front (LS) and Dana M275 rear (with locker), Atlas Blue, dual alternators (397 total amps), dual batteries, upfitter switches, console vault, and Black Appearance package.

I had some dealers saying they would be happy to place the order for $10,000 over MSRP... a sucker is born every day I suppose. I called 10 different dealers until the 11th one accepted my offer of X-plan pricing, which for this truck will be invoice, saving me about $4,000 off MSRP.

The payload on this is huge... should be around 3,200 with the options I have selected... its basically a de-rated F350. For the Tremor, you get the same rear axel and spring package, regardless of F250 or F350. The only difference is the badging, and the door sticker, which should result is a small savings on registration and insurance.

We will be transferring our 2020 Hawk from the 2005 Dodge 1500 to the new F250.

March will be fun when it arrives!

John

Spent some time down there camping, fishing was poor. But still was a good get a way due to covid. We floated several times... hooked a few fish, really no one on the water. We purchased a couple of inflatable pontoon boats, which made it alot of fun floating from the Hwy 20 bridge down to the club. Did not see very many members at the club, had the place all to my self most of the time !!

I wonder what's holding it until March? I ordered a very similar vehicle. I wanted a Super Cab and planned on replacing all the suspension anyway, so I did not do the Tremor Package. I ordered an XLT Premium configured with the same motor, diff, axels, winch, dual batteries and upfitter switches. The order was placed 9/15 and it's in production right now.

eyemgh said:
I wonder what's holding it until March? I ordered a very similar vehicle. I wanted a Super Cab and planned on replacing all the suspension anyway, so I did not do the Tremor Package. I ordered an XLT Premium configured with the same motor, diff, axels, winch, dual batteries and upfitter switches. The order was placed 9/15 and it's in production right now.
I like the idea of a Supercab with most of the Tremor features. The OP's Tremor has a factory type of crawl or terrain control? Maybe the chip shortage is making production more slow for Tremors?

fuzzymarindave said:
I like the idea of a Supercab with most of the Tremor features. The OP's Tremor has a factory type of crawl or terrain control? Maybe the chip shortage is making production more slow for Tremors?
I ordered mine with the same feature. Hill Descent Control comes with the FX4 Package. I'm not sure what would hold up a Tremor, unless it's something to do with the higher level of luxury features. You can only get it on Lariat and higher. They have a more featured, complex dash computer and screen.

For ours I wanted the 148" wheelbase, but to still carry a 8 foot Hallmark. We were able to accomplish that by using a flatbed that will have upper boxes.

I believe the Tremor package adds some more transmission control modes, ie rock crawl.

Hill descent is another thing and I did use it and found it handy on long steep hills, it only works below 20mph.

Even on my XL there are about 5 different transmission modes selected by the end of stalk button.

For me the tremor was not an option because it is only available as a crew cab shortbed. I prefer a long bed.

Machinebuilder said:
I believe the Tremor package adds some more transmission control modes, ie rock crawl.

Hill descent is another thing and I did use it and found it handy on long steep hills, it only works below 20mph.

Even on my XL there are about 5 different transmission modes selected by the end of stalk button.

For me the tremor was not an option because it is only available as a crew cab shortbed. I prefer a long bed.
I was mistaken. I thought they were the same feature.

I didn’t order a Tremor for similar reasons. I wanted the ability to carry a an 8ft camper, but wanted the shortest wheelbase I could accomplish that with. I ended up with a 6.75 Super Cab, but the Bowen flatbed will be longer. By eliminating the headache rack, it will hold a Hallmark K2 with no overhang and still maintain a good COG.

I do like the Tremor though!

My understanding from the Ford forums is that the options that hang up certain trucks varies almost weekly, due to varying option components being available or not. The productions lines have been jimmy'd to allow short bursts of production when a pallet of some critical component arrives... more options means more potential for delay... I'm thinking March is worst case for me... in a perfect world my truck goes into production by the end of this year.

John

Mine changed status to “in production” last Monday, but that’s where it still sits. Probably waiting on a random part.

eyemgh said:
Mine changed status to “in production” last Monday, but that’s where it still sits. Probably waiting on a random part.
So close, but yet so far! Keep us posted on your order progress.

John

4XHOTEL said:
So close, but yet so far! Keep us posted on your order progress.

John
It’s built and ready to ship. I ordered mid-September, and it is expected to be delivered mid-December. It will be just at 3 months from deposit to delivery. Good luck!

My build date just arrived... scheduled for production week of Feb 21.

I live close to Four Wheel Camper's main factory... wondering if I should have them swap my 2020 Hawk from the Dodge 1500 to the Tremor, or ???

I'm thinking I will give KP a call about making sure I have the right gauge wiring between the truck's massive alternator (397 amps!) and dual batteries back to the camper.

Once you get your truck, run your own wires or have KP or someone else do it. I'd go at least 6AWG, with Blue Sea 285 series breakers on both ends, and Anderson PowerPole connectors. The ask of FWC would be to leave a hole or other means of getting 6AWG wires from the truck bed up and into your camper batteries.

Or just run the wires like this and take your time figuring out if and where you want a hole. I decided this is my permanent arrangement. When the camper is off i stow the wires under the bed. One picture shows the wires in place and the other shows them pulled out so you can see the connectors.

Attachments

• 013310E4-0608-4815-B3D2-79D8CBC22C14.jpeg
    013310E4-0608-4815-B3D2-79D8CBC22C14.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 00A966CD-CC7E-4790-8C62-A9AA2E456794.jpeg
    00A966CD-CC7E-4790-8C62-A9AA2E456794.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 99
I decided that since I am currently in my peak earning years, with a surplus of $$ but not of time, to contact KP (at Zero Declination) and they are going to install the camper on our new Tremor. While they are at it they are going to replace the factory 10awg in the camper with 4awg, plus install their Basic Lithium Package, which includes a 100Ah Battleborn LiFePO4 battery, BMV-712 Battery Monitor, and 30A DC-DC charger. Sweet!

Given that the new truck has twin alternators pumping out 397 amps, this should be a great set up.

I plan to install Buckstop bumpers, winch, ham radio, and onboard air later in the year myself when I get some time off.

Note that the maximum your dc to dc charger will draw from the truck is about 35 amps, so dual alternators is not needed for the camper.

Also, while there is nothing wrong with selecting 4awg wire, I have a Victron Orion 12/12-30 dc to dc charger located in the rear corner of my Grandby in a 3500hd crew cab long bed (about the longest wire run possible), and it works fine with no engine running test cycling with 6awg Ancor marine type 3 wire. The connectors on the Orion take maximum 6awg wire, so if you use 4awg, you will have to transition somewhere. Also, an SB50 connector is maximum 6awg if you were thinking of using one of those You might want to consider 6awg instead.

Back
Top Bottom