Oregon coast campgrounds open & dungeness crab season is open

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty
So we are going to do an overnight tomorrow on the OR coast and hope to find some fresh harvested crab. Some pre-cooked of course for instant gratification -- and some to stick in the cooler for the weekend. Will let you all know how it worked out. And we still have a few beers from a Moab brewery to wash those bugs down.

Oh man, I am envious. Dungeness is my favorite. We still have about 5 weeks until our season opens. I always get more than I can eat and save the meat for cakes, quiche, dip, whatever.

Do the same with salmon. Our King salmon season just ended so bought one last fillet for dinners and smoking. 5.5 pounds, it was a good one. Will last a few months

fish more said:
Well with retirement just around the corner, Oct 29th. May have to make trip to Oregon for some of that crab !!
Season is open through December!

Yay for the coast! And congratulations on making out of the work life phase of your life alive. Have huge fun!

Ted said:
Oh man, I am envious. Dungeness is my favorite. We still have about 5 weeks until our season opens. I always get more than I can eat and save the meat for cakes, quiche, dip, whatever.

Do the same with salmon. Our King salmon season just ended so bought one last fillet for dinners and smoking. 5.5 pounds, it was a good one. Will last a few months
Too true Ted. When the Pac NW coast is good -- it is very very good. Salmon, crab, razor clams... yum yum!

AWG_Pics said:
So we are going to do an overnight tomorrow on the OR coast and hope to find some fresh harvested crab. Some pre-cooked of course for instant gratification -- and some to stick in the cooler for the weekend. Will let you all know how it worked out. And we still have a few beers from a Moab brewery to wash those bugs down.
Good luck! I free dive for crab in Florence quite frequently, and was out 2 weeks ago. Picked up 50-60 juvenile/females, not a single legal that day. Week before I found one legal.

-Chris

Bike_Mech said:
Good luck! I free dive for crab in Florence quite frequently, and was out 2 weeks ago. Picked up 50-60 juvenile/females, not a single legal that day. Week before I found one legal.

-Chris
We found a seafood seller in Astoria. We now have two nice big live bugs in the refrigerator and two pounds of razor clams (shelled) in the freezer. Fresh boiled crab tonight and clam chowder soon!

AWG_Pics said:
We found a seafood seller in Astoria. We now have two nice big live bugs in the refrigerator and two pounds of razor clams (shelled) in the freezer. Fresh boiled crab tonight and clam chowder soon!
...............and when will it be ready? :)

ski3pin said:
...............and when will it be ready? :)
Ha! We just took inventory and since we have bacon, new potatoes and half & half there is no reason not to have clam chowder tomorrow night!

Back
Top Bottom