Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument & Kartchner Caverns - January 2020

Vic Harder said:
Some binoculars have tripod mounts, or they can be added. If the Lady's can make that work, I wonder if she would like a Peak Designs clip? I carry my camera that way, and it rarely bothers me.
https://www.peakdesign.com/collections/clips/
Vic, great suggestion on Peak Design products! We have the clips on our backpacks, our large daypacks, and our ski packs for both my camera and the Lady's vortex seemores. They work great! She used the mount on the vortex to attach the prusik loop for the short hikes.

Ronin said:
Thanks for another (and fun) TR !! Once I had a handful of prickly pear needles imbedded in my hand and couldn't remove them with tweezers because they're so fine. Luckily I was at home and smeared Tite Bond glue on my hand, let the glue set up until I could peel the glue off along with the stickers. Lesson learned- don't mess with them!! Good fortune with the bino's!!
Thanks Ronin and a great tip on using titebond glue to extract all those fine stickers!

I'm not touching him! One of our favorite old family story is about the time Mom & Dad released me from the third roll of seats in our '59 Ford station wagon on a break from driving in the Mojave. I ran up and gave a barrel cactus a big bear hug. It did not let me loose. Can you imagine trying to extricate a screaming, bleeding, wiggling little boy from a mess like that?

Ted said:
At least the Lady's cholla experience wasn't like this one!

gallery_176_163_63817.jpg

ski3pin said:
I'm not touching him! One of our favorite old family story is about the time Mom & Dad released me from the third roll of seats in our '59 Ford station wagon on a break from driving in the Mojave. I ran up and gave a barrel cactus a big bear hug. It did not let me loose. Can you imagine trying to extricate a screaming, bleeding, wiggling little boy from a mess like that?
I'm guessing you didn't know what a catcus was when you did that?

Back
Top Bottom