Our 2008 Toyota Tacoma and FWC Fleet

robbie

web.jpg

All you gotta do is drive up...
The scenery is just as beautiful as Alaska (imho) and no people. Fishinf is good too..

robbie

More pics

This from the 30 of October

web.jpg

Here is a Denali trip we did...

web.jpg

North ofthe Arctic Circle

P1010038.jpg

My wife.still with me 32 yrs..160 miles from the Arctic Ocean

P1010044.jpg

P1010046.jpg

Great photos and rig setup.Glad to see it is working for you.
I like the action shot with the dead carcass. I don't see a trailer,how did you get it home?

i gotta ask, how are those rear seats in the tacoma?

i have a chance to get ahold of a 2006 for about 13,000. which is closer to my price range. (which gets me that much closer to getting my FWC!)

but i need to be able to transport 1 skinny guy and 2 fat guys in whatever i get rid of my jeep for.

do you think a 260 pound male could survive a 140 mile (in 2 parts) trip in those back seats?

i also love the size of the camper you have.(the bigger the better!)

and a lot of the used FWCs i see around here are full size. so it nice to know a bigger one fits!

how does the truck handle with the overhang? and what (if any) mods do you have to compensate and how are they working?

thanks in advance if you answer any of these qustions!

Skinned the caribou, cut into quarters and loaded it in the camper.

Have not done any mods from stock. The seats in the back are for small people. My wife is 5'4 - 130 lbs, and she won't ride in the back seats very far.

We bought the truck for two people.

For the situation you have I would get a full four door Tacoma. Not the access cab, that we have.

The overhang does not cause any problems. I will add air bags this winter though.
The camper is 25 years old now as far as I can determine. Still in great shape with the original parts..

robbie

Checking In from Texas

FUN!!! Wish I were there, too. Robbie's looking good!

How is that truck hauling all that load, the trailer, boat, camper, and all? I have always liked the Tacoma. I drove a 1991 Chevy S-10 with the 4.3L V-6 up to AK in 2000 and was really impressed with the performance, especially considering the load that I had. Your truck probably has more power than my old truck.

Are you using an assist device to raise your camper roof? If you remember what I had, I could have not gotten along without mine. Though your roof should be lighter than mine, the boat might make up for any difference in the weight to be lifted.

Nice caribou, too. A lot bigger than the little whitetail deer we have here in Central Texas. They taste a lot better, too, especially when cooked over a campfire and enjoyed with good company. Why don't you email me a piece of backstrap?

I remember what you told me about NW Territory. Having had some time to catch up after my journey up North, I'm ready to go again. Three months out was a long time, but I could easily do a couple of weeks now. With the price of diesel in decline (It's about $2.70/gal here in Austin now), I may be able to make another good trip up there again. There are so many places to see, even close to home.

My best to you all,
Buzz

Me, too!!!

Great pics Robbie! I'm going to have to get up your way one of these years.

I second that!

the boat weighs 40 lbs. we took it off the roof to raise the camper. sue can lift the roof fine by herself...
robbie

Back
Top Bottom