Our 6 week Alaskan adventure,WOW

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
After traveling 3 days from home, our adventure started when we boarded the Alaska Marine ferry MV Kennicott,in Bellingham,Wa.
5 nights to Whitter,a week in the Kenai area, 9 days in Denali than 1 week back to Juneau,than boarded the MV Columbia back to Bellingham,Wa.than 3 days home down the coast route.
3,000 miles on the ferry's,
4.300 miles driving,
264 gal gas,
16 mpg
8 nights on the ferry,1 night at a friends house.
31 camping days
26 straight in the camper.
42 days total,WOW.

We had a lot of rain/showers but didn't stop us from getting out.
Glaciers all over the place,green trees,something us Californians don't usually see.
Daneli had a lot of people,mostly from the cruise tours.
Lots of animals but the bears and Dall sheep were not very close.
Moose all over the place so big they looked like Clydesdale's with antlers.
We met so many nice and interesting people.The Alaskans were so welcoming and actually
thanked us for visiting.
In Delta Junction we saw the Northern Lights,awesome.

Great bakeries/food along the way.
And good planing ans organizing made a trip this long work without any problems.

Hope you enjoy the many parts of the blog.

Alaskan adventure Aug/Sept,2016. part 1

Alaskan adventure Aug/Sept,2016. part 2

Frank

Frank, great report so far. Looking forward to the next stops. This is a trip I would like to do someday.

Great stuff Frank. Recognized a couple of spots from our trip. We even stayed in the same campground in Homer.

Ted said:
Great stuff Frank. Recognized a couple of spots from our trip. We even stayed in the same campground in Homer.
The Ocean View campground was a nice place,thanks for telling me about it.
When we checked in the gal gave us #6,a full hookup site for the dry site rate.Since we weren't going to use the hookups.
Frank

Frank, Great report. Someday we will make that drive. Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed Part 3 as well and your wildlife photos were awesome. Headed for Wyoming on Friday and will let you know how the fishing went in the Madison River. jd

longhorn1 said:
Frank, Great report. Someday we will make that drive. Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed Part 3 as well and your wildlife photos were awesome. Headed for Wyoming on Friday and will let you know how the fishing went in the Madison River. jd
I am jealous,would like to make the Yellowstone trip now.Even though we just got back from the long trip.
I miss going to Yellowstone once a year.
I could use some great fishing.
Catch a few for me. Remember the Firehole area half way between Old Faithful and Madison CG. And the 3 rivers at the Madison CG.Great places.
Have a great trip.
Frank

Marvelous adventure Frank! I suspect that someday we'll wander up that way. Thanks for all the photos and stories and letting us come along via your blog!

Back
Top Bottom