Outdoor shower worth it?

TravelAmateurs...

WOW...your website is outstanding. I particularly loved the photo "Redneck Daydream" [not sure if you can PM me a file of it, would love to make a print and frame it]...your style of writing and observations are fun and a hoot! Great attitude and spot on vision.

I will "go to school" on your travels and mods...we just ordered a Hawk to go on our '05 Tundra Access Cab 4x4....this Old Dog CAN learn new tricks!

Thanks and stay safe....

Phil

DaveL said:
The Helio works great for us. We got it this summer for $99 (yikes!) - $75 is a lot more reasonable - But still worth it because it is so compact, holds a lot of water and is so easy to use. Holds pressure nicely and gives a nice flow. If there's water left over after showers (easy to get 2 out of it), I keep it pumped up for the odd rinse or hand wash.

BTW - just discovered your blog a few days ago, TravelAmateurs, and blew a couple of envious hours with you! Love your writing style! We're following you :). Have a great, safe trip!
Thanks Dave! I appreciate it. We're looking forward to getting the Helio on board. Like you said, I can see it being very useful for a quick rinse. We're currently in Baja so getting the sand off before entering the camper will be nice.

Wallowa said:
TravelAmateurs...

WOW...your website is outstanding. I particularly loved the photo "Redneck Daydream" [not sure if you can PM me a file of it, would love to make a print and frame it]...your style of writing and observations are fun and a hoot! Great attitude and spot on vision.

I will "go to school" on your travels and mods...we just ordered a Hawk to go on our '05 Tundra Access Cab 4x4....this Old Dog CAN learn new tricks!

Thanks and stay safe....

Phil
Thank you Phil! We had a blast making my "Redneck Daydream" come to life. I'll try to send you the pic but not sure it will work with the spotty internet in Baja. And congrats on ordering the new Hawk!!!...good times ahead.

Sorry, it's been awhile and it's finally loading!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 198
how does the eccotemp work with the waterpump on the hawk ok? i like that setup. do you use a t fitting on your propane tank so you can keep the refer on?

What has been the experience of those FWC owners with the new style outside shower connection and controller. No more twin knobs; you simply rotate the collar/controller around the hose attachment for cold to hot.

As good? Any minuses? Moot point perhaps as our new Hawk will have the new style. For certain it is a smaller box on the side of the camper.

Thanks,

Phil

Back
Top Bottom