outside weather stripping on windows ?

bob welsh

Im looking for the replacement ouside seal that goes on the outside of door windows and the front big picture window on my 1970 NCO. It has shrunk on the mitred corners. Ive ordered gaskets and seals for the small oval windows through VTS but I dont know what to call this part to order. Thanks.

Ive been a lurker for years with this camper tucked away in a barn. Now I have a chance to get the old gal going again. I will post the rebuild progress as it goes.

could you be more specific...the windows on my 70 NCO are sealed to the skin aluminum with caulk ..and have a brush insert on the window sliders....no mas

door windows too....maybe a picture?

heres a pic as the work started

so far:
Replaced 1/3 of front wall plywood
restained/varnished interior walls and cabinets
replaced entire cylinder ram
polished aluminum trim on exterior
sanded for painting
replaced weatherstrip on oval windows
wife is recovering cushions

thanks old camper that is a useful link and Ill be using that when it comes time to do that middle window. This is a rubber/vinyl weatherstrip I am having trouble with.

original window molding was aluminum...somebody probably fouled it up and tried to replace it with vinyl....Vintage has the aluminum for sale if I'm not mistaken...easy fix...aluminum and a touch of grey urethane on the corners

you might want to grab a few pallets to go under the camper.....after nearly 50 years in construction...I've seen stacks of 4x material like that go over easily...you wouldn't want to pick up your camper off the deck :unsure:

Hi I just saw your post and I am rebuilding a 64 nco and I too have the same looking front window with rubber that has shrunk up in the corners. Did you ever find a good replacement for this rubber?
bob welsh said:

I took all my windows out and the glass out of the frames and re sealed them, cleaned up the reataining strips but they were still to short so I had a glass shop in town source and install.

Back
Top Bottom