Oven Range w/ 3 burners?

Durango1

I'm likely moving up to a Grandby sized flatbed for 2018! One of my motivations (besides boredom) is I'd like to install a range with an oven in the new camper. Sioux LOVES fresh biscuits when we camp.

NOTE: Yes, I know this will range cut out will intrude 17" down from the countertop into where the frig normally goes. But I plan to delete the regular frig and replace the water tank on the Grandby with a 60 Quart Engel chest frig.

So has anyone ever installed/used one of the RV range ovens? Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Steve

Steve, we call the oven in the Northern Lite a “cabinet”. Rarely used except to store things like fresh tomatoes. My recommendation is to look for some kind of a folding stovetop oven.

But, biscuits do sound good!

I'd say go for it.

Back when I built my first interior the entire camper was all electric (12VDC from Solar/Battery for fridge, lights & fan, and 110VAC from Honda EU2000i for microwave, induction cook top, rice cooker, wall heater & toaster oven), I had no propane anywhere.

We used the toaster oven for roasting (chicken, pork, beef, fish, vegetables), baking (bread, cookies, cupcakes, pies, and other deserts, and potatoes), toasting, and keeping food warm. It was fantastic to have an oven in the far outdoors.

Now that I've gone away from the Honda EU2000i and added propane for the furnace and cook top (eliminating the microwave & rice cooker), we really miss an oven.

If you think like I do and will use it for its intended purpose then do it, otherwise, it turns into another cabinet like Steve mentions.

If it's just biscuits, then you might consider a cast iron dutch oven for them. Takes a little practice, but the results are great.

Alley-Kat said:
If it's just biscuits, then you might consider a cast iron dutch oven for them. Takes a little practice, but the results are great.
We do have a cast iron Dutch Oven (two sizes actually) and love them. But sometimes it is raining outside... :)

I cringe at the loss of storage space. :D

What about a stove top oven like this Omnia oven?
41nopElX-TL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H80FLTY?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-org00-def00-other-nomod-us000-pcomp-feature-scomp-wm-4-wl-ddt1_sce0_prc0_aapi0&ref=bit_scomp_ddt_t1

I have no experience with this one but have used a Backpackers Pantry Outback Oven while backpacking with good results.

Back
Top Bottom