over the top commercial.

I attempted to watch her advertisement, for a security company, whoops, I mean video about safely traveling solo and female. I guess I am not bored enough to waste that kind of time. Did she ever say anything about what to do when you are face to face with someone who intends to do you harm? I'm guessing not.

....................here's yesterday's installment of the continuing adventures of Dr. Straight. She did not make it to Buckeye Hot Springs.

Years ago when we'd do a winter survival class for the general public, one of our fun "rules of thumb" we'd teach that would always get a chuckle from the students - when you see a Jeep parked that indicates they decided not to go any further, stop.

So many questions about her adventure.
1. Why didn't she have chains?
2. Why didn't she stop where the Jeep was?

If nothing else her stories are very interesting.
I am still missing "Big Foot".
Frank

If I was out somewhere and encountered the production crew and actress involved in producing this crap I might be inclined to civil disobedience......

and yet, isn't WTW essentially the same process ?

Recently someone posted asking for exact directions to camping spots....down to coordinates....

The world has gotten a little too weird.

David Graves

penner said:
I just finished watching the "Itchy Boots " wrap-up as she arrived in Deadhorse to complete her journey. Amazing!!
Yup, me too. That young lady produces one of the best travel videos going, and all by herself, three videos a week, no fancy cameras. Educated as a geologist, she speaks at least three languages with fluency.

Noraly has more courage than can be described. Going alone, unsupported, into very remote and sometimes dangerous places, she meets the people, respectfully describes their lives, and handles every adverse event with calm aplomb.

If you haven’t watched her, put the Itchy Boots YouTube channel on your wandering bucket list.

Have watched Itchy boots from her start looking forward to her next (hope it is Australia) loved how she really got into the Kalahari
Desert rally.
Second favorite You Tube is Forestry Forest, a young man who shows us parts of Canada mountains that i will never get to visit.
great video work under harsh conditions, and lets face it also a very cute dog.

Les,lqhikers

She only has 262,000 subscribers, so not making a lot of money. I follow a lot of youtubers looking for travel videos. Looked at Dr Hannah long time ago and she did not make the cut to subscribe to. If you want to see how videos should be done check out Itchy Boots. Dutch women who just rode her motorcycle from the bottom of South America to Prudhoe Bay. This was her last video where she recapped the whole trip. Yes it is 1:27 long but some of best TV I have seen in a long time. Itchy Boots has 1,460,000 subscribers. She is a trained geologist and has worked as one in Australia. Disclaimer motorcycles are still my favorite way to travel.

Have to agree, the best T.V. I've watched in a while too. The drone shots were amazing! She sure doesn't hold back on the throttle on the rough roads does she!

Wandering Sagebrush,bookmarked your suggestion.
Reason i'm hoping Itchy Boots does Australia is because she does the back roads
and as the wife and i toured for about 8 months traveling by bicycle back in the mid 80's
hoping she will visit some of the spots we saw and enjoyed.

Les,lqhikers

I stumble on this the other day and it popped up on my YouTube feed so I watched the Dillon Hwy one. Needless to say I was very impressed. What an incredible woman! I will never complain about lousy weather sitting in my truck cab again. (Right!)
It reminded me of the “See the World” series (Lohan ?) who did it on a bicycle. I loved and miss him and his travels.
I started watching the last one and stopped so I can watch it on our TV with my wife!

Wow.... just wow.
Very Thankful to have been able to see this. She is a remarkable person. You have to be pretty tough to do what she did. Emerson's Self Reliance! In 1979 I was where she started the journey on the Straits Of Magellan ...hiking through the Torres de Paine in Chile and across in Argentina. I spent months in the route she took through Bolivia and Peru. The Atscama is the driest place on earth. It was so much fun seeing this. Lots of two wheel memories. I maybe took 300 photos in those 2 years as film was hard to get. This is way better.

I met a man 30 years ago named Ted Simon, I had read his book first published in 1979. He rode his motorcycle around the world. A 500cc thumper. It is entertaining and eye opening. I had a copy of his book that he signed at the campfire. She should write a book as well.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_7292.jpg
    IMG_7292.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 27
lqhikers said:
Wandering Sagebrush,bookmarked your suggestion.
Reason i'm hoping Itchy Boots does Australia is because she does the back roads
and as the wife and i toured for about 8 months traveling by bicycle back in the mid 80's
hoping she will visit some of the spots we saw and enjoyed.

Les,lqhikers
Les, a late reply. Steve Bly (Mongrel Dog) does as much dirt road as possible, and there is a lot possible in Australia. You might like it.

Back
Top Bottom