Overland Expo West 2016

The Unshaven

Advanced Member
Howdy All,

Long time linger-er, first time poster. This site has been a real help to me in many ways as I get outdoors and "wander the west"...thanks to all. In May I will be wandering to the Overland Expo West and am hopeful that I may meet some of ya'll. If you recognize my mangy mug, stroll on over and say hi.
I'd like to make some contacts for rallies or off-road trip opportunities. I often roll solo but a team approach would open up more difficult roads that suggest a buddy system.

Hope to See You There, Joe

One of those trips I'd like to make but its usually during the busy season at work. We'll see.

Welcome Joe. O E is a good way to meet other wanderers and get ideas for places to go, not to mention all the outdoor rigs and gear to check out. Hopefully it won't be so muddy this year.

Hi Joe,
We'll be at Overland Expo this year camping with the FWC group. We are going to be in Oxnard March 25-31 let's get together while we're in your neighborhood.
Cheers,
Tim

Captm,
Is the FWC group an invite only thing or is it possible for me to join the fun? Also, March 25 or 26 are possible, but I will be travelling out of town for work starting on the 27th. Maybe it'll work out and we can set rendezvous.
Thanks, Joe

I will be heading down there too from the Bay Area. I am new to this stuff too. I would also like to know about the FWC area. I looked at the FAQ's for the Expo and it said that camping was first come-first serve, but it also said it was very large. So, hopefully someone with prior experience will weigh in on what it all means.

Joe, I'm not sure how the group camping works, I just emailed FWC and asked. We're in Ventura thru the 31st, I'll PM you with my #.
Cheers

Hi - I am also planning on attending the OE West and would love to camp with fellow FWC owners. Any update on if there is a group camp?

Back
Top Bottom