Owyhee/Succor Creek

BillM

The wife, dog and I are going to float the Owyhee from Rome to Leslie Gulch the last full week of May. We've never been to the Succor Creek area and are looking for suggestions of where to explore/camp. We like remote camping, hot springs, slot canyons, good hikes, etc. Any suggestions?

Succor creek was neat, but aren't you going to be pretty far south of that? Or maybe you were planning a float and then some exploration.
Anyway, I was with DD on that trip last year. Succor is pretty cool, but Leslie Gulch was flat out amazing. Some good looking trails up the slot canyons there and a decent little camping area at the reservoir when you get to the bottom. I recommend that for sure.
My favorite part of that trip was the drive up to Silver City from Jordan Valley. It's a pretty rough road, but was worth it. The terrain, flora, and fauna are just so different as you go up to Silver City. Very Sierra'esk if you know what I mean.
I don't know much about Rome and that area though.

Home Skillet

Succor creek was neat, but aren't you going to be pretty far south of that? Or maybe you were planning a float and then some exploration.
Anyway, I was with DD on that trip last year. Succor is pretty cool, but Leslie Gulch was flat out amazing. Some good looking trails up the slot canyons there and a decent little camping area at the reservoir when you get to the bottom. I recommend that for sure.
My favorite part of that trip was the drive up to Silver City from Jordan Valley. It's a pretty rough road, but was worth it. The terrain, flora, and fauna are just so different as you go up to Silver City. Very Sierra'esk if you know what I mean.
I don't know much about Rome and that area though.

Home Skillet

We'll be ending our float at Leslie Gulch so maybe we'll hang in that area and explore.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom