Partition for Bed

NorCalSteve

Sometimes, my 30+ year old daughter joins me on our camping trips. She uses a tent and I am in the camper. Although it has never happened, I figure there was always the possibility that, for whatever reason, we would both be sleeping in the camper sometime. So I made a partition between the bed and the rest of the camper.

I used an insulated fabric (two pieces). I bought a piece of wood dowel or probably closet rod (1 inch). I sewed a loop across the top of the fabric and slid it on the pole. I attached (using small nails) a piece of Velcro on each end and took advantage of the existing Velcro on the top sides of the camper that is used for the Arctic-Pack, which I do not currently have.

I found that it came in handy to reduce the area that I heated when it got cold. Once out of bed, I would flip the partition down and fire up the heater. If I sat below the bed, I found myself tucking in the corners of the partition because of the cold draft that would come down on me. So it must have been helping some.

The two pictures are of the curtain in place, and stored on top of the small storage area on the right side in my Hawk. The long 1 inch pole fits between the lift and the roof. At least, in my camper it does.

Steve

Attachments

• Curtain-1.JPG
    Curtain-1.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 266
  • Curtain-2.JPG
    Curtain-2.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 251
Great Idea, that would definitely cut down on amount of space that needs to be heated up. You might even be able to make a partition with reflectix type material to keep the heat in the living are better too. hmmm...

You might even be able to make a partition with reflectix type material to keep the heat in the living are better too. hmmm...

man you guys and gals love your Reflectix! Every time I turn around someone is thinking of placing Reflectix somewhere!

Have you noticed if your sleeping area seems a bit warmer if sleeping with the curtain pulled? I have thought of this mod for that reason.

I fold the material up and sort of tuck it in between the rod and the ceiling at night and leave it open. I have not slept with it closed. I have considered making a couple more to make a poor-mans arctic pack but I really have not yet camped in real cold conditions. The coldest night was probably right around freezing outside. For most of the season last year, I did not even put it up. I really only tried it out this fall when the nights were colder.

I should mention that it will not work as a curtain because the material is too heavy. I can push it back some on the rod but probably not over half way. There are two pieces that open at the middle. I sewed Velcro on each side so it would hold closed at the middle.

If you were to look at it real close, you would realize that someone is in need of sewing lessons.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom