Partner Stove

dsrtrat

I just tried out this new stove from Partner Steel and thought I would pass on the information. I have used Partner Steel fabrication stoves on river trips for years and they are without a doubt the best I have ever used.
They added a two burner folding stove to their line and I tried one out last week. Great once you get past the sticker shock. They are designed to be used with a full size propane bottle but can be converted to run on disposable cylinders with a little fiddling.
Dsrtrat

Attachments

• Camp 1.jpg
    Camp 1.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 998
  • Stove.jpg
    Stove.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,015
I hear you about the price, but after throwing away at least 4 other brands of stove over the years I bit the bullet and bought it. Just don't tell my wife.
I have the 4 burner model that I use on river trips that I bought in 93 and it still going strong with zero problems. Hand made in the USA by a very nice company to deal with as well.
Dsrtrat

I believe this is the stove Overland Magazine rated the highest.

I forget who is using the quote, but it goes something like quality lasts after sticker shock is over.

My Father-in-law has used his Partner stove for years and loves it.

Dsrtrat, I have same exact roll-up table, any issues with having heat from the bottom of the stove sitting on the vinyl? I've been curious about using a stove on my table.

Thanks. Glade

Partner

Been using the Partner stoves as well as some of their other products on rivers for years. The are very simple and well built standing up to a lot of abuse.

I have used a colman on that same table for years with no problems.

The Camp Chef 2 burner "Sport utility stove" is very similar and also stands up to unbelievable punishment. The nice thing about the Camp Chef is it has detachable legs that screw onto the corners. It makes it more versatile than those that need a table.

Paul

Table Meltdown

So far so good, the bottom stays cool enough that I haven't had any problems. I have been using roll-a-tables for years and the only time I had a meltdown whas when someone put a hot dutch oven on one.
Dsrtrat

Am I the only one that uses the table that comes with the camper outside? I rarely use it inside, so we stopped carrying the rolltop and just use the stock table.

Brett,
We use ours as well, mostly outside. But I did stop using the mount screwed to a board for a footing. It was impossible to get the table to be stable on bare ground. We bought a Fiamma tripod leg instead. It works much better, though still not perfect.

I replaced our table with a 3/4" thick cutting board we used with the jeep setup. When we take it outside we use a colman folding table 4 leg thingy. It's a little low for cooking, but great as a dinning table with our low camp chairs.

Brett,
We use ours as well, mostly outside. But I did stop using the mount screwed to a board for a footing. It was impossible to get the table to be stable on bare ground. We bought a Fiamma tripod leg instead. It works much better, though still not perfect.
ooo....I like that idea. Where do you get one and does it accept the same tube upright?

We went out today to get a Partner Stove but bought this instead because it was cheaper.

Attachments

• 7610-vi.jpg
    7610-vi.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 440
@Ted- thanks. Pricey though. Have you tried them inside the camper? I'll have to make sure they fit in the Bobcat.

@Jay- let us know when the BBQ is ready and we'll be right over

We went out today to get a Partner Stove but bought this instead because it was cheaper.

Jay, if The Fisherman had that sucker he could throw away his pig box!

I've had one of the tripod leg supports for years & use it with great success. My old '87 came with the leg mount screwed to the floor & right in the way so I took it out & use the tripod setup inside also on the rare occasion that I set up the table inside. I also have one of the Coleman folding stove stands & a piece of plywood that stores under one of the front seat cushions - it makes a great extra table for the bbq\outside stove\water cooler\whatever else needs elevated to a workable height.
Doug

I just tried out this new stove from Partner Steel and thought I would pass on the information. I have used Partner Steel fabrication stoves on river trips for years and they are without a doubt the best I have ever used.
They added a two burner folding stove to their line and I tried one out last week. Great once you get past the sticker shock. They are designed to be used with a full size propane bottle but can be converted to run on disposable cylinders with a little fiddling.
Dsrtrat

Dsrtrat:

My wife wants an outdoor cook stove. Is that the 16 or 18 inch? Any recommendation for which one to get?

Thanks,
SB

Back
Top Bottom