Partner Stove

Scott,
Pam is really quite a gourmet chef. And as I told you a few weeks ago we eat just like at home when we camp. For many years when we lived in Oxnard she was a caterer. When my buddy Gene bought one of those stainless bells and whistle camp stoves I asked her if she wanted one. She said "for what reason, the one we have works great, its cheap and easy to use."

Attachments

• coleman.jpg
    coleman.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 314
Scott,
Pam is really quite a gourmet chef. And as I told you a few weeks ago we eat just like at home when we camp. For many years when we lived in Oxnard she was a caterer. When my buddy Gene bought one of those stainless bells and whistle camp stoves I asked her if she wanted one. She said "for what reason, the one we have works great, its cheap and easy to use."

But Jay: it's made in China! You guys and your foreign trucks! :p

The Partner stove is about 4-5 times the cost of a Coleman. The Partner looks like a quality American made product. I don't mind paying extra for indestructible American made camp gear. Especially if I intend to use it for years to come AND pass it on. So, which costs more, the $250 Partner or the $50 Coleman? Or is that a $300 Coleman? Hows that price compare to the stove in my ATC? :eek:

Anyway. I concede the Coleman is enough for the short term. But if I can swing it, I'll get an American made stove. Actually, I intended to buy whatever makes my wife happiest camping. She has decided outdoor cooking is for her. So be it.

As Jay said, take care of it and it will last forever, I've got a Coleman that's 18 years old and still going. Price was around $50 at the time.

For about $70 at Gander Mountain 2 weeks ago I ran across this gem... The big daddy skillet. Just put it right on the fire. No stove needed.

bigdaddy600.jpg

Made in USA

After a disapointing search for American made propane camp stoves and reading a few reviews I bit the bullet and bought the Partner. An 18" 2 burner w/ windscreen.

Y'all can thank me now for helping stimulate the economy.

Nice...it's on my to get list. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts about it.

I'm interested to know what it takes to run the unit off the smaller disposable propane containers.

Thanx Scott now buy a Buick........or a Hyundai.

I feel very guilty about my Hyundai. I will likely replace it in 2012 with a Jeep. If Buick built trucks....

Coleman Stove and Table?

I don't know about you folks, but I'm still using my big old green Coleman 2 burner stove from the 1960's. And I know that's not made in china, it's made in the good old USA.

As for the table issue, I just put the tailgate down on the truck and use that. (Funny part the tailgate does multiple things, it's a porch, workbench, countertop, transport for the full trashbags to the campground dumpster, keeps nosey people from trying the door when the tailgate is up in a parking lot, etc.)

Best part about having a camper shorter than the bed was I get to keep the tailgate on the back.

I like the Partner Steel stove, very much out of my price range, but the Big Daddy Frying pan would work fine on my 3 burner stove in the camper.

As for the Buick Trucks, just call your Senator, have him get in touch with Obama, and he'll tell GMC (Government Motors Corporation) to start right on it. :)

Have fun, got the good word (3 day road trip vacation) from the girlfriend, loaded up the camper and headed to New York on vacation this weekend, and be cooking on the Coleman most of the trip.

Good purchase

I'm happy to report the Partner Steel stove has been on 2 camping trips thus far and works great. My wife reports the burners are easier to adjust than the Coleman's she's recently used.

I have a Partner stove. I love it. I am sure that when your final day comes, you'll have at least $250 left in the bank. So, you might as well get a bitchin' stove now and enjoy it.

I have been using the partner stoves for a decade on river trips and they are indestructible but I do have two issues with them.

1. The burners are always a bit too close together. If you use large pots or pans a two burner is really a one burner and a three burner is a two etc....

2. The propane fittings they use. It seems like the guy welding those things didn't want to go shopping so he just reached into the bucket of fittings for his welder and used those. Years ago I built a custom kitchen trailer for a non profit that does rafting trips for people with terminal illnesses called healing waters. I had an aluminum box built and mounted it above the wheel wells, one on each side. When you dropped the lid on one box you kid set up a partner stove on the lid and the other one housed the dish tubs and made a dish station. I don't remember the exact parts anymore since it was in '02 that I built the thing but I had to get several adapters to connect that partner stove to the two full size propane bottles mounted to the front of the trailer.

I'm all for American Made but as in most things American Made they just don't go the extra mile to use standard easily accessible parts. If everyone else is using a standard size propane fitting then so should you.

Maybe partner has fixed that issue by now but it was a real pain in the neck back then. Other than that I love the stoves.

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom