Pass thru boot question

randygirl

Since we have a 2002 Hawk on a 2004 Tundra the windows don't line up great.

Will the boot still work??

It is mainly for the dogs, but would like it to be safe!

Thanks for the help

Randy

Does your Tundra have the rear window where the whole thing slides down? If so, then no the boot wont work.

Nope My Tundra window is a slide window (like the slide one on camper)

It's just that the camper window does not line up with the truck window. It sits about 2 inches higher.

Will the boot still work? Would I get accordian or compression??

Basically I put hook velcro on the inside of both set of pass through windows and made a sleeve of waterproof nylon that connects the two together. Plenty AC or heat for my two dogs in the back even going through Vegas at 115 or Montana at -20F. You will notice a little more road noise but keeps the pups comfortable, what I don't like is when one sneaks through and grabs a bag of chips out of the front when we are out of the truck for a few moments! I have a 2000 Tundra Access cab and a Hawk. I did see a double cab tundra when I was in Alaska that had a custom boot made that basically removed both sets of windows and a massive boot connected the two, it allowed someone to basically move inbetween the two spaces.

Since we have a 2002 Hawk on a 2004 Tundra the windows don't line up great.

Will the boot still work??

It is mainly for the dogs, but would like it to be safe!

Thanks for the help

Randy

I have a boot and love it. I got it in 2005 from FWC and haven't had any problems with it. It works great for the dogs and also if I'm tucked in for the night and want to reach through to the cab of my truck to grab something without having to get out of the camper. Enjoy, Terri

Back
Top Bottom