Pass thru in popup material?

b team

I need to have an access through the popup material so I can get to the roof. I was thinking about using a zipper or maybe a velcro setup just like the windows (without the screen of course)

It needs to be big enough for my arm.

Any ideas?

you gotta explain better than that!
all you have managed to do is to drive us all crazy with curiosity....why the hell do ya wanna put you arm out there? signals? liquor stash?

Not sure exactly what you are after, but how about cutting the screen out of one of the windows and then buy a new screen slightly larger and sew velcro to it so you can remove it and reach up on the roof for who knows what?

Hahaha .. Nothing top secret. I want to be able to pass an ant. cable from the bunk area to the roof for sat or cell phone antenna. Reception isn't good under the roof and the cables are too short to run any other way. Plus I want to be able to pull the antenna in without having to go outside.

I really like the idea of cutting the screen out because the FWC makes a great platform for using a scope or binoculars. I will look into making a removable screen (good idea for a factory option). I wish I would have read this before i broke out the knife.

I already cut a slit in the canvas material with my knife :eek: so now I have to fix it before i go camping in the rain.

Do you think I could get some material 4"x2" from the factory? I haven't seen this stuff at the fabric store.

bteam,

A lesson I learned the hard way as well, letting the post mature before doing the project....Hey, we live and learn.

That is truely a great idea, removable screen on one window. Iguess you just have to make sure when you go to bed, there is nothing important under the window with no screen:D

Do you think I could get some material 4"x2" from the factory? I haven't seen this stuff at the fabric store.

Stan and Ben have some of the material for a patch that they have mailed to others on the board, just call either of them and I'm sure they will be happy to help.

Hey b team

I can get you a piece of the material (we have scraps) -- grey vinyl material.

Just e-mail your name & mailing address to ... stan@fourwh.com

Or call me at 800-242-1442

I will be in the office Friday & Saturday this week, and most of next week too.

The piece of screen with velcro would be a cool way to go.

HAVE YOU TRIED REMOVING THE SCREEN ON THE ROOF VENT ??

I don't have a vent in front of me (working at home right now), but the vents on a 2003 Eagle should have about 8 small screws you can take out to clean the vent screen.

Maybe once the vent screen is off, you could be able to reach your hand through to the roof ? Just a thought to maybe explore before you go cutting anymore.

:)

Why not mount an antenna on the roof, run a short cable to the ceiling with the appropriate connector, and then just plug your cable into the connector whenever you need to?

I've seen antenna mounts that allow them to "rest" in a horizontal position. Probable wouldn't stick up more than the vent that way. How would you temporarily mount it to the roof otherwise? I'm still looking for an alumamagnet.

I sent you an email Stan. That would be very cool. Thanks.

Hey b team

Can you e-mail me again your postal address again so I can mail off the extra material to you ? I never recieved your first e-mail so I wanted to follow up. With the storms and power outages, we had some major computer problems this last month. But I think we are back up and running again and should have reliable e-mail services.

Thanks

Stan

=====================================================

I sent you an email Stan. That would be very cool. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom