Pett Vs. Wet

PS,

All of those groovers have resulted in some great stories though!

Old used water bottle to pee in at night and dump and rinse in the morning.

Toilet seat frame with bag that has kitty litter for pooping inside and throw it away same as cat poop.

Same toilet set can be taken outside and poop over a dug hole.

Or use our Casita trailer and poop and pee for 15 gallons worth
blink.gif

Stand on rear bumper thereby keeping feet clean and dry :LOL:

I had a thetford but found it to be a hassle, heavier, filled with liquids, etc. I bought a small, light, folding portable potti from Walmart ($20) and have used the more expensive poo powder bags with it. Legally they can be disposed of in any trash receptacle.

Bass Pro sells a box of the Gelling powder (called Bio-Gel) for 10 bucks. Use your own baggies and make simple Wagg bags. I used it tent camping this weekend. I used the twist top Glad containers from Wal-Mart, and set a plain plastic bag (bread storage kind without a zipper) inside, hanging over the edge. Put in a scoop of powder. Afterwards, I tied off the bag, and twisted the lid on the container to be triple sure it wouldn't leak in the middle of the night when I knocked it over. (FYI - I am female.)

So, I've had my eye on the electric flush model portipotty at Cabelas. It looks like the majority of you would rather carry around little bags of poop tucked away in nooks and crannies until you find an appropriate receptacle?

Not me. I like the porta potty. Bags are nice for the jeep or something where you don't have room.

So, I've had my eye on the electric flush model portipotty at Cabelas. It looks like the majority of you would rather carry around little bags of poop tucked away in nooks and crannies until you find an appropriate receptacle?

The PETT works for me.

Generally speaking, when I use the PETT the geography is relatively civilized and trash receptacles are readily available for PETT bag disposal. No need to carry a bag of ---- with me.

When the destination is uncivilized and remote, I do what the bears do, albeit with a dug hole and summary cover up.

Seemed WTW appropriate!

Attachments

• bearshits350.jpg
    bearshits350.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 256
  • uflf73cSrnDMRbGxCkTaXuiDmgamesfree_ca_bears_shitinthewood.jpg
    uflf73cSrnDMRbGxCkTaXuiDmgamesfree_ca_bears_shitinthewood.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 265
The answer is in!
554307466_2Y2cp-S.jpg

It looks a little more like the answer is out. :eek:

You know the old saying, When in Rome.....

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10829093#ProductDetail cheap pett style

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10829093#ProductDetail cheap pett style

It really depends, you can't dig a hole in granite and you don't want to dig in a place where tons of people dig etc. I don't think I want a tank style, it's gonna be pett style or hole

After years of carrying a port-a-potty around for emergencies and never actually using it, I got rid of it a couple years ago. I just never could bring myself to do "that" and then store it in such close proximity to where I prepare food and sleep. I always carry an e-tool anyways, so to eliminate redundancy it's the tried and true (dig a hole) for me, or figure out something else if that's not appropriate wherever we're at.

Luckily Mrs. Bss is quite a trooper.

I use the Thetford electric flush pota potti. I've been very satified with it over the last year. It is a few inches taller than the entry level Thetfords and that makes it more comfortable.

After reading this thread.....I'm curious about the PETT Toilets now. Maybe I'll try one on the next trip.

This site been a wealth of information for me.

I've used a 1 1/2 gallon bucket for ten years now. I put a trash bag in it, and sprinkle some gelling deoderizer before I do the duty.
This year I bought a Luggable Loo, and I'll prolly use the same bag/deoderizer procedure. I'll take the LL seat off and replace it with a 5 gallon bucket lid to keep the stink down.

Back
Top Bottom