Phone photos

Thanks frank, I'm seeing them right side up on my screen. I'll try to fix later if others are having the same problem.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Sunman I think the photos have gotten turned.
I find that happens with phone photos.
Beautiful shots just have to turn the head.
Frank
On an iPhone, you can go into photos and edit them to fix it. One trick that has fixed a few for me is to rotate it 90º, save it, then rotate it back and save again. You may have to rotate the remaining 270º. It's irritating, but...

Edit: Yes, I am seeing them upside down...

Well dang, will delete post and try again later. Thanks for feedback. Wonder why I seen them correctly on my screen?

It looks upside down to me on my Mac/Chrome platform.

This article suggests it might have to do with camera orientation and which button was used to take the photo, then what platform/software is used after.

This article goes into detail on differences of how the EXIF Orientation tag is interpreted differently by different programs.

The Orientation tag for the photo in question is 1 (Normal)--- at least that's what it is on the copy I made to inspect.

I can't put all this together to figure out what's going on with your photo, SunMan, but perhaps if you read through the articles you can find a clue as to what's going on in your specific case.

gallery_5772_976_1809054.jpg

gallery_5772_976_1162156.jpg

gallery_5772_976_1320092.jpg

gallery_5772_976_2562418.jpg

gallery_5772_976_1609602.jpg

gallery_5772_976_75419.jpg

gallery_5772_976_193165.jpg

Jasper, Alberta, Canada
Trip we took last weekend.

Photos taken with old iPhone 4S

Thx Vic, it was very nice. I took most of my photos with the Nikon SLR, but I tried to make an effort to take a few photos with the phone for this thread.

That's a sled dog (not mine), we went dogsledding on Pyramid Lake.

I use the tent to keep a few items in to keep the camper clutter free.
Rear steps, lawn chairs, axe, wood, big winter boots, jackets

Vic, being you are new to your FWC, I would highly suggest bringing a cheap small tent along and give it a try on one of your outtings. I take mine on every trip and really like having it. It makes the site look occupied if you take a small trip, makes it look like more people may be present, keeps things tidy, could have a dog etc.

Just got back from Yellowstone. Carol took a few images with her I-Pad and wanted to join in and post a few. The coldest it was while we were out was minus 29 degrees Fahrenheit! It was great!! The hoar frost and frosted up bison was beautiful to photograph. It was a very good trip this year and can't wait to return next year.

Cheers,

Attachments

• IMG_1704.JPG
    IMG_1704.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1706.JPG
    IMG_1706.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1722.JPG
    IMG_1722.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 40
Bill D said:
Thx Vic, it was very nice. I took most of my photos with the Nikon SLR, but I tried to make an effort to take a few photos with the phone for this thread.

That's a sled dog (not mine), we went dogsledding on Pyramid Lake.

I use the tent to keep a few items in to keep the camper clutter free.
Rear steps, lawn chairs, axe, wood, big winter boots, jackets

Vic, being you are new to your FWC, I would highly suggest bringing a cheap small tent along and give it a try on one of your outtings. I take mine on every trip and really like having it. It makes the site look occupied if you take a small trip, makes it look like more people may be present, keeps things tidy, could have a dog etc.
Good tip, thanks! Was thinking more of getting one of those "clam" brand picnic shelters, since we don't want to cook in the camper.... back to the main topic....

{Nobody's posted in this sub-forum in a very long time...but since this is a fone foto and we have this phone photo sub-forum I figured this is where I should put it]

Mule deer buck (4-point, so far...still in velvet and growing) munching on bitterbrush at the end of my driveway this afternoon -- while standing on my cable box!
(Maybe that's the cause of my mysterious occasional Internet dropouts that Bend Broadband can't seem to fix...)

buck-cable-box.jpg

I've been using my iPhone exclusively for photos for some time and been very happy with the results. On our recent trip to the Rockies I discovered a serious downside to that when my phone suddenly went dead. It happened near the end of the day after taking many photos (I know some were really good) along the Ice Fields Parkway between Banff and Jasper. Long story short- all the days photos are lost (as is my phone). This sad fact has been confirmed by the Apple Store repair expert.

On a camera, the images are stored on a card that can easily be removed and copied. Not so on the phone. According to Apple, I could probably get the photos off the phone with a data recovery service but the charge starts at $200 before they do anything- too much for me. I will just have to keep the memories in my head. :)

Here's another deer pic from a hike we took at Kintla Lake in Glacier- pre iPhone demise:

IMG_5947.jpg

Back
Top Bottom