Photobucket latest BS!

I have all my pics on my machine and backed up on a flash drive or 2. PB was just a place to use to host them to the web because that's the way I learned to do it. I joined there over 10 years ago. The problem is I won't live long enough to rebuild the links in so many different tutorials I've done. I'm not even going to try.

I deleted my account last weekend. But it's still there. If I go into my account settings and then go to account. It says it will be deleted last Tuesday! I think they are having a hard time keeping up with us deserters! Either that or hoping we'll come back and change our minds.

You can download your entire library from PB. Took me a few tries but finally got it before I deleted my account. Comes in a zip file.

Wow. Bad news indeed. While I don't have a huge build thread there are pictures that people have found useful just as I have found others pics useful. Big PIA to be sure.

PB just issued a new statement to users. Explaining their move. I think they are finding out that the way they went about this is hurting them. They still haven't deleted my account. So I keep hounding them in emails.

That's the thing to do.

I have about 200 forum members from 4 different forums that are doing the same... hounding them with emails.

About 85% of them are reporting that they have sent at least 3 emails each and the highest count from about 15%, i.e., the more vocal guys, that have sent about 10 emails each.

I don't want to have them go down in flames, I just want to bring them to their knees.

They are learning what their customers really think.

Keep at it, and if there is anyone that hasn't sent them an email... do so... soon.
Tell them what's on your mind.

Took me most of yesterday morning, but I did finally manage to DL all of my sub-folders. Had to re-start the process several times in several of those sub-folders. One in particular, the last one - of course, took two re-loads and about 7 re-tries. Now to compare these contents to those on smugmug.

FWIW smugmug does have a file importation utility that supposedly will grab your entire content off some other page and bring it to smugmug. When I tried to use it 3-4 (?) years ago it didn't work completely. Hopefully it works better now.

I finally got a notice from PB that I needed to upgrade so it seems they are bringing this in somewhat gradually as I don't have a lot of pics hosted there so might not have tripped their threshhold. I do have a smugmug account and will start migrating everything over to it but cleaning up links will be a PITA and probably take a long time since revisiting old threads doesn't happen all that often.

I have been on other websites where this has happened. It hurts all of us because we see a post with a pic we are interested in and we can't access it. Photobucket needs to go out of business, they just suck.

Back
Top Bottom