Picked up my Bobcat for the new Tundra

brett13

Lovecock
Well, I met Marty and Jeff from ATC out in Reno on Saturday and camped my way back to Denver with a new camper. Plenty of raving about ATC already, but I have to say that even with all the pent up excitement, I am not disappointed at all- another happy camper here. FYI, the new Tundra's handled our roughly 1500# payload with ease. I'm not even sure I need airbags as the rear sagged only about 2.5". I think the narrower camper looks good too, although the wider one would work just as well. Thanks to everyone on the forum for contributing to my knowlegebase and especially to Ben for tolerating endless questions. Now, here are some pics:
camper1.jpg

camper2.jpg

camper4.jpg

That looks great!

Congratulations on your new camper. It's nice to hear another positive review of ATC's customer service.

That's the first ATC I've seen on a new Tundra. Looks like they were made for each other. Glad to hear you hear you had a successful trip to bring 'er home.

photos

Brett,

Thanks for taking the time posting the photos of your camper and the great review. We really appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your trips.

Now I have a question for you.:)

Did you need the swing out brackets for the back? From the photos it looks like we may have been able to make it without them. Can't really tell for sure though.

Brett,

Did you need the swing out brackets for the back? From the photos it looks like we may have been able to make it without them. Can't really tell for sure though.

No. It is tight, but I backed under without them. Leaves about 2" clearance on each side. If Jeff hadn't suggested I didn't need them, I probably would have put them on anyway, but then I would just back up and have to fight the crookedness. So, I think the tight fit will help me get under it better. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks after doing it a few times. Of course my driveway is sloped about 10 degrees, so I have to fight the curb and slope. This is going to take some practice:)

Terrific Brett. The rig looks super. Like you I dont need the swing outs but I put them on anyway.....I'm Old!!! Since I remove the jacks when the campers on I figured no biggie and I'm sure some day They'll save me body some embarrasment.

Terrific Brett. The rig looks super. Like you I dont need the swing outs but I put them on anyway.....I'm Old!!! Since I remove the jacks when the campers on I figured no biggie and I'm sure some day They'll save me body some embarrasment.

I should clarify- I have the swingouts, but no extra extensions. And on anything longer than a weekend trip, I too plan to remove the jacks to save weight, and damage to my ego when I catch it on something.:eek:

Brett,

Congrats on the new camper...very nice rig. Seeing the new truck is giving me a slight case of Tundra envy. Enjoy.

What's the width on the Bobcat? Thanks.

I believe it is 73"

Width of Bobcat

I have been off on my width of the Bobcat. It is actually 72". Don't know why but 73 has been stuck in my head for awhile now. Talked to Jeff today and got the straight answer.

I realize this is an older post but I am wondering about this. I have been thinking about these units for a few years for my 03 Tundra 4x4. I am getting really close to making a move. Based on all the positive feedback, leaning to the ATC. Originally I was thinking Panther all the way, but then I saw a picture from the back on a Tundra. It sure looks wide overhanging the rails. I know they are 84", The FWC Hawks are 80"(Kestral model in my case) and the Bobcats are 72". Off road sometimes means narrow road and off road is where I expect to use this unit. I am suddenly a little concerned about the width. Something not much wider than the truck would be what I am looking for I think. Maybe I should be looking at the Bobcat instead of the Panther or maybe I am too hung up on this? Looking for opinions given that being from Manitoba Canada I will likely never step foot in one of these until its paid for so I can't afford any regrets.

This was brought up a while ago on the forum. The general feeling is that if you don't find yourself regularly folding the mirrors in on your truck to make it through tight spots then the camper width is not an issue. Most trucks mirrors are slightly wider than the camper.

Back
Top Bottom